Why become a member? ×

Kubicki

1 hour ago, edstraker123 said:

Obviously he's promised the wife he'll sell it if she lets him have another bass !

Had sort of thought there might have been "it's me or the bass" moment as he plaintively cries "I'm trying my hardest to sell it...just no-one wants 80s basses any more..."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Randomly changing the price for a higher one when relisting can be a legitimate technique especially if you have watchers who aren't bidding. Drop the price a couple of times and then put it back up. Eventually someone will take a punt.

Interesting... not a tactic I've thought of and can't quite work out how it would work. If I'm following something for it's interest value alone (i.e. won't bid on it ever) I keep a sort of mental note of prices (and raise eyebrows if it goes up), and if I'm looking to buy I know what I'd pay anyway before I even think of actually placing a bid.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, spectoremg said:

I'm no expert here but is there an angle/reason for the price hikes?

Possibly maximising the time it takes to sell so he can tell the missus that no-one's interested and he ought to keep it along with the new {insert brand and model} he's already just bought :D

• Haha 2