Why become a member? ×

Ashdown selling Lodestones

Hmm.

i really liked it when I saw it. I’d like to think the “parts/not working” is an error.

these have been their demo stock - seem to think that P is a one off too. Made in the Czech Republic.

something rings a bell that they were built in the same place as the euro Spector basses.

I think the condition being stated as for parts / not working is an error - they have a bunch of basses for sale that all have the same thing on the listing, but some of them are clearly not described like that (where they have added some details) - like this Status S2 Classic Trace Elliot Custom Electric Bass Guitar

That might have been bad example... I looked at the pictures of that Status bass and it has been well beaten... and there are 'Used' and 'Refurbished' ones listed that are tidier... bloody expensive if not actually working...

Edited by b7l4s

i contacted them and they said they are just ex demo. I've got one of the Primal Artists (cost me £1200) - and it has outlasted every other bass in my armoury. It's a lovely bass (marmite design especially the headstock ) - could do with better shielding but other than that I love it.

9 hours ago, edstraker123 said:

The fretmarkers look like prawns !

Prawnographic! I’d have one of these, got tempted a few times when they were more readily available.

Alas, I’m overly involved with Yamaha basses at the moment and have one with a remaining balance to sort 😳

Got to agree - as I said earlier it has outlived my Shukers, ACG's, Overwaters, Maruszycks  which says a lot.

I was sickened recently as I try and keep all my basses absolutely pristine and the Lodestone was a shining example - I was up in the loft and the glass shade fell off the light straight through the hatch and put a ding in the body 🤢

20190324_104817.thumb.jpg.d526c890defe730e87d6b38de8cd5717.jpg

Edited by edstraker123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 22/03/2019 at 19:10, stu_g said:

I have one with the solid paint finishes made in Czech republic,i think mine has a spector tonepump preamp with EMG pickups its nice to play.

I think the headstock is over engineered in my humble opinion.

Do you know what the scale is ma man?