Why become a member? ×

All Original 1972 Fender Precision Bass For Sale
£2500
Suffolk

Ghost Ship

Reluctantly selling my original, 1972 P-Bass in black with a maple fretboard and white pick guard.

Includes original pick up cover, ash tray bridge cover and orange lined hard case (not pictured as it’s in the loft!)

Neck date is JUL72 (I think) but it’s been a while since I had the neck off - definitely summer 72.

Bass is light weight, at around 8lbs. Strap locks fitted but original strap buttons are included.

The instrument was purchased from Angel Guitars on Denmark St. London - the last owner was James Stevenson of various bands including Billy Idol, Generation X, Gene Loves Jezebel, Chelsea Punk Band and at the time I bought it he was gigging live with The Cult.

Overall condition is excellent for a 47 year old bass. Some cracking mojo especially the lovely patina on the top edge of the neck 😀

Give me a shout if you have any questions. Would prefer collection in person however I’m prepared to ship via courier at cost as long as you’re happy to pay for full insurance.

I also travel all over the UK for work and would be very, very happy to meet and exchange at a mutually suitable time and location.

Any questions please fire away.

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chewie said:

Oooooh........  never seen a black one so old....

Mind you, I haven’t been looking I guess.

GLWTS matey......

Black was still a custom colour back then, so they are not so common. :) 

Lovely bass... Angel Music was my favourite honest vintage shop. James was a co-owner and knows a good guitar when he sees it, I’m sure this one is a beauty, especially at that weight. 

I’m currently P-less which is odd, but on the abstinence challenge, so unfortunately I’ll leave the joy of owning this one to someone else! 

15 hours ago, BreadBin said:

A month too late for me!

I wonder how many tunes this was used on?

James Stevenson is a guitar player, so not many I guess. I couldn't find any pictures of him with a bass. Would be interesting to find out if he used it to perform or record..

2 minutes ago, jbu09 said:

James Stevenson is a guitar player, so not many I guess. I couldn't find any pictures of him with a bass. Would be interesting to find out if he used it to perform or record..

He bought it while on tour in the US because “ I just loved it” was what he told me.

i visited his house to collect the hard case and had a good chat with him at the time.

5 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

He bought it while on tour in the US because “ I just loved it” was what he told me.

i visited his house to collect the hard case and had a good chat with him at the time.

Wow... sounds like a peach

8 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

No but I could potentially meet you somewhere = where will you be?

I will be based in Brum over easter. I'll get my flights booked and give you a nod.  I may fly to London for a spot of P bass browsing. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...