Why become a member? ×

Do you play with your watch on?

Richard R

Simple question, do you take off your watch to play bass?

I was struggling with some fretting a couple of weeks ago, and my tutor suggested I take my watch off. I'm right handed so wear a watch on the left wrist as traditional. It's not on tight at all, and I couldn't feel it restricting movement , but I was surprised to find that removing it did seem to make a difference. So now I take off my watch to play,

What are anyone else's experiences?

I'm a lefty and used to wear my watch on my left hand, till I scratched a Stingray with the metal strap >:(, I changed to wearing on my right hand (fretting hand) after a while of taking it off altogether, which didn't make any difference to my playing I really can't see it being an issue unless it's the weight of a diamond encrusted Rolex

7 hours ago, Richard R said:

Simple question, do you take off your watch to play bass?

I was struggling with some fretting a couple of weeks ago, and my tutor suggested I take my watch off. I'm right handed so wear a watch on the left wrist as traditional. It's not on tight at all, and I couldn't feel it restricting movement , but I was surprised to find that removing it did seem to make a difference. So now I take off my watch to play,

What are anyone else's experiences?

I always take mine off, for bass or any other stringed instrument. Can't abide rings either.

Usually happen to have a watch on when gigging... it's pretty light and on a nice comfy nato, doesn't seem to affect me at all. 

An ex-pro once told me that if you turn it so the watch is on the inside of your wrist, you can easily take a sneaky look at the time without showing the audience that very obvious turn of the hand with its unspoken message of "When's this fecking set going to end?"  

Edited by KK Jale