Why become a member? ×

Just out of curiosity......

leschirons

6 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting that the stalwart of BC, known to us as Skankdelvar is in fact Dr No, eponymous villain of the Bond film?

You're implying that the good (sorry, evil) Doctor has given up his bad works and retired to the South Coast?

Wow.

[...]

(Dr) No no, it was just some spunky interior design suggestions (black candelabras, a large fishtank etc), in case Mr Delvar was feeling a bit "beige". 🙂

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, leschirons said:

His name was, Dr Julius No and whilst he carried out most of his world domination work from his fortified stronghold in the Caribbean, his actual home address was 27, Tenby Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 which coincidentally, is also on a bungalow estate.

It's interesting how we know this.

What the general public often fail to recognise, is that "criminal is as criminal does".

Most archcriminals, even at the highest level, can't resist screwing the system.

For example, Hans Gruber was registered as living in a council flat in Holloway, North London, and was claiming Jobseeker's Allowance (which incidentally, his brother Eric continued to collect for three months after Hans' death).

Even Hitler was on Incapacity Benefit (one ball), until he signed off a bit quick when he suddenly became famous for winning the Nuremberg Rally. And he put "The Berghof" in his mother's name for 'tax purposes'.

Probably.

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting that the stalwart of BC, known to us as Skankdelvar is in fact Dr No, eponymous villain of the Bond film?

14 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

it’s entirely possible that Cluedo is a recent hobby, taken up by Skank/Dr No when he retired to the South Coast.

In the interests of accuracy I am prepared to disclose certain pertinent facts:

* I am not Dr No. In point of fact my former associate Julius No worked for me between 1957-1961 but we parted on difficult terms, mainly because he complained that I 'expected him to be a Yes-man'.

Nothing could have been further from the truth; I always welcome constructive discussion. Nevertheless, Julius became far too wedded to the whole Caribbean Island thing at a time when super-villainry was trending more towards space stations and / or lairs in dormant volcanoes. I was all about the volcano. Julius wanted an island. We parted ways. C'est tout

* My affinity with the game Cluedo dates from 1944 when I lent my chum the pianist Tony Pratt the not inconsiderable sum of fifty guineas towards the development costs of his idea for a board game. I'd known Tony from his days playing the piano on cruise ships; he tickled the ivories while I plied my trade as a gigolo / lounge lizard among the ladies of a certain age travelling first class. (That Barbara Cartland? Had her).  So when Tony needed some cash for a working presentation to Messrs Waddington it was I to whom he turned.

* I do not live on the South Coast, rather in South Central Wiltshire. My bungalow (decorated in a tasteful, un-ostentatious Louis XIV stylee) forms part of a more extensive compound including a small airstrip, weapons testing bunkers, a communications centre and a compact but efficient miniature nuclear reactor. I've given up on shark tanks. IMO, they're both passé and de trop.

Edited by skankdelvar
supplementary information
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

One question, Mr D... Do you have an industrial laser that could burn a bloke's jacob(s) off if required? 😬

I know that Teebs can be annoyingly cheerful at times but that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

One question, Mr D... Do you have an industrial laser that could burn a bloke's jacob(s) off if required? 😬

I think I've got one of those up in the attic. I'll have check. 

Edit for: No laser but I found my old command Zeppelin. Any use?

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Obviously not, you are clearly Ernst Blofeld...

Ah, dear, lovable, conceited Ernst: never an employee of mine, more of a supplier of peripherals.

It all went tïts-up for Ernst when he developed a cat allergy. Sitting in his high-backed, leather chair stroking a goldfish didn't really inspire his minions to put on a hard hat, pick up a Schmeisser and do battle with Tiger Tanaka's ninja commandos as they abseiled into the dormant volcano. So they all came to work for me, apart from the excitable little Chinese scientist feller who went off to Camber Sands and bought an ice-cream van.

• Haha 7