Why become a member? ×

Just out of curiosity......

leschirons

The poor deputy in question was first responder on the scene after Joe shot his woman down. It turned out that the deputy was the man that Mrs Joe had been "messin 'round" with. Joe later turned the weapon on himself. Very sad.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Colonel Mustard with the revolver in the library.

True story.

53 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Colonel Mustard with the revolver in the library.

True story.

I put it you,  that you indeed do possess a box containing this very game, secreted in a cupboard under your stairs, and don't even attempt to deny it by spinning the old "bungalow" story. We've heard that one too often.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, leschirons said:

I put it you,  that you indeed do possess a box containing this very game, secreted in a cupboard under your stairs, and don't even attempt to deny it by spinning the old "bungalow" story. We've heard that one too often.

I have a Cluedo board game and I am currently living in a bungalow. My 18 year-old self would never have envisaged such an outcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

I have a Cluedo board game and I am currently living in a bungalow. My 18 year-old self would never have envisaged such an outcome.

It's not so bad... think of it this way - many of the baddies in Sean Connery as Bond films lived in bungalows (or at least, cool & retro split level pads).

Like the bad guy in Dr No, for instance. I can't remember his name, but he wears a black glove and dresses a bit like Chairman Mao.

Or rather, he did in 1962 or whatever.

👍

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

It's not so bad... think of it this way - many of the baddies in Sean Connery as Bond films lived in bungalows (or at least, cool & retro split level pads).

Like the bad guy in Dr No, for instance. I can't remember his name, but he wears a black glove and dresses a bit like Chairman Mao.

👍

His name was, Dr Julius No and whilst he carried out most of his world domination work from his fortified stronghold in the Caribbean, his actual home address was 27, Tenby Avenue, Walthamstow, London E17 which coincidentally, is also on a bungalow estate.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

👍

I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting that the stalwart of BC, known to us as Skankdelvar is in fact Dr No, eponymous villain of the Bond film?

You're implying that the good (sorry, evil) Doctor has given up his bad works and retired to the South Coast?

Wow.

OK, Skank - I guess this is your chance to tell the story from your perspective.

Do you still have the stronghold? Or was that sold off when you downsized to the bungalow?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I mis-read this and added in a comma which completely changed the meaning and the resulting mental picture:

" he wears a black glove and dresses, a bit like Chairman Mao."

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I mis-read this and added in a comma which completely changed the meaning and the resulting mental picture:

" he wears a black glove and dresses, a bit like Chairman Mao."

I have no little reactions things available so...

Hahahaha ROFLPML!

6 minutes ago, gary mac said:

Be warned Mr Skinnyman, additional sanctions will be applied, if you keep on using your quota of "little reaction things".

Is it my fault that I’m such a generous soul? I think Teebs and I deserve a bigger allocation so that we can continue to spread the joy..... 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

I'm a little confused. Are you suggesting that the stalwart of BC, known to us as Skankdelvar is in fact Dr No, eponymous villain of the Bond film?

You're implying that the good (sorry, evil) Doctor has given up his bad works and retired to the South Coast?

Wow.

That seems dubious, as Dr No evidently didn't possess Cluedo. If he had, in true supervillain fashion, he would have insisted on a game with Bond before sending him through the tunnel of nastiness.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tauzero said:

That seems dubious, as Dr No evidently didn't possess Cluedo. If he had, in true supervillain fashion, he would have insisted on a game with Bond before sending him through the tunnel of nastiness.

You make a good point - but it’s entirely possible that Cluedo is a recent hobby, taken up by Skank/Dr No when he retired to the South Coast. Let’s face it, he’d need something to fill the empty hours now that the whole super-villain thing has finished. So he retires to the bungalow, takes up the bass as a hobby and enjoys a nice game of Cluedo every Wednesday night with Mrs SD/No and the Pargeters, George, a retired Colonel of the Yeomanry and his wife, Dotty.

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

Is it his fault that he's such a generous soul? I think Teebs deserves a bigger allocation so that he can continue to spread the joy..... 😁

Well said, that person! smiley

Edited by Teebs

4 hours ago, tauzero said:

That's the nickname Dr No gave to Ursula Andress. He was so truly despicable. 😬

• Haha 2