Why become a member? ×

SOLD westone
£100
North East Somerset

stewblack

A piece of bass history. Battered and bruised but thumping great p-bass sound. Bridge could do with dipping in vinegar for a day or two as it has tarnished over the years and that washer  round the input can't be original. Couple of holes where strap locks were once relocated, easily filled. However it is a genuine Matsumoko product and we know how good they are. Appears to be about 4kg.

Orange Terror-10.jpg

Orange Terror-11.jpg

Orange Terror-16.jpg

Orange Terror-12.jpg

Orange Terror-14.jpg

Orange Terror-13.jpg

Orange Terror-15.jpg

Edited by gary mac
seller removed title
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Back in 1988 I paid £90 for my first bass, a Westone Thunder Jet. God knows how I got that much money together, I didn't even have a paper round! Also, we had one of these Thunder 1's in the school music room and as the only 'bass player' I had first dibs on it. Happy days. If I had a spare ton I'd have this 😍

9 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

£90 is dead cheap, you could fling it on eBay and get more than that after fees!

Agreed. But this bass would be far better than any other brand you could possibly get for the price. It's a real no brainier and good enough to use as a first choice. I wouldn't hesitate to gig with one of these! I still use a Thunder 2 and if I hadn't already got a P and a backup, this would be mine. 😀😀😀😀

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I remember these from many, many year's ago they always seemed 'nice'

Sorely tempted. Does it have to go quickly or could a modest deposit secure for collection in a month or two?

PM'd

• 4 weeks later...