Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass *SOLD*
£2350
Herning, Denmark.

Mikkel-S

Feeler as im not really sure about letting this go... Its by far one of the best fretless basses I have played and lucky enough to have owned.. (and I have owned a few over the years 😅)  I am the second owner - the first and original owner ordered this as a special order "Jaco tribute". But with the "twist": an awesome Coral Pink color with "Closet Classic" relic job as he didnt like the concept of making basses looking "fake" old. So, its basically a Jaco Tribute with a super cool funky color! 

Epoxy coated rosewood board, quatersawn maple neck.. Feels out of this world good! 
Select alder body
Custom wound pickups 
Case and all case candy present
Certificate 

The instrument has been very well taken care of! The finish, in the right lighting, has some amazing crackling going on. 

Very resonant and organic sound. Playability is perfect. 

With a bit of neck roll off it has that instant Jaco vibe - with both pickups 100% it has a lovely blossoming and dark sound that just mixes so well with a band! 

The color is very hard to photograph.. But I did my best :)

Trades / part trades with a good Precision, Mustang or an US Lakland 4 :)

Bass is located in Denmark. Will ship via UPS. Contact for quote. 

2750€ / approx 2350£

DCrC5Jc.jpg

PDF8a6x.jpg

2NToAVa.jpg

VbnKjgj.jpg

oW4T092.jpg

gXJYDsb.jpg

LusYnp7.jpg

2yRaMR6.jpg

WjhDbPd.jpg

q0EkZqk.jpg

IOK8LUo.jpg

qFDnlIz.jpg

PDIp7Lr.jpg

2yNAsM4.jpg

MBFt61Q.jpg

BVefd9X.jpg

Edited by Mikkel-S
Sold!

Had a few inquiries about the "missing" Custom Shop decal on the back of the headstock. Well, long story short I got this from Fenders CS support (can email the full correspondence to a buyer). 

"Hi Mikkel,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Long story short, these fretless Jazz basses were constructed with 'Jaco Pastorious' base model necks - which are visible in the pictures attached. Because they are usually fitted with strap pins, they didn't include the Custom Shop logos on the back of the headstock.

The guitar is still an authentic Custom Shop instrument, but just doesn't feature the decal because of the Jaco connection. I hope this helps clear this up for you, and if there's anything else I can help with please let me know." 

I hope this clears it up :)

IMG_2028-1.jpg

• Like 1