Why become a member? ×

Cracking live albums but a bit meh in the studio

20 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

What a bloody great album. 

Mind you I rate most of the albums of this period as highly as this gem

I always found the studio albums of the period a bit under cooked.  I tried to love them, but (as per the point of the thread) but never liked them as much as the live album.

For my "less than 25 years old" nomination, my favourite Beatsteaks album is Kanonen auf Spatzen which is one of my all time favourite albums full stop, although it's not that I don't also love the studio albums that the songs come from so it's probably not appropriate for the thread

• Like 1

During their relatively short time as a decent but fun rock band in the 70s  Status Quo put out Live!  My older brother had this and all the studio albums from that heyday period but Live kicked the collective @rse of those right into touch with  much tougher, dirtier extended versions of Backwater/Just Take Me, Forty Five Hundred Times and Roll Over Lay Down. IMO it's all the Quo the casual fan needs

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:31, Combed20 said:

The Who - live at Leeds. They're an entirely other band live compared to albums.

This ^^ Totally agree. The Who live are a beast but their studio albums seem a tad tame for me.

Has anyone mentioned Kiss yet? :ph34r:

Edited by Strawbs664

"Experience: Jill Scott 826+"

Absolutely stonking live album and much better than the studio versions of the same tracks - almost totally different arrangements in some cases. Applies to most of her live stuff, too.

I saw her in Brixton a few years ago and she had one of the best live bands I've ever seen. 

Edited by Leese
  • Like 1