Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky SA 200**withdrawn**
£1950
Preston Lancashire

wayne58

Price re appraisal £1850, it has come to my attention that my price is a little high compared the second gen's. My price includes the skb case which is about £135 and delivery around northwest.

I have owned this amp since 2016, purchased from Lawrie Macmillan in Scotland.

It's in the same pristine condition as the day I bought it, and sounds fantastic.....I've never seen a bad review yet. This one is from the first batch of 100 made for Sadowsky by Koch in Holland with 2 toroidal transformers. It is housed in a light weight shallow SKB case with clip off front and back, it weighs 42lbs or 19kg, dimensions 17" x 10" x 7". In the three years of my ownership it's had regular services with no issues apart from a recent replaced pre amp valve. The amp is 210watts @2,4 or 8ohms and has I believe 6x el34's, 1x 6n1p, 2x 12ax7' valves.

It's a very reluctant sale, I know how Lawrie felt when he parted with it now but I am scaling my gear outlay down so not really looking for trades.

Please come and try out and collect from Preston Lancs or I can meet up/ deliver within reason.

I'm not keen on shipping valve amps of this value. I have some pics but can't upload at the moment will sort asap.

Edited by wayne58
Withdrawn

I played one of these at the Sadowsky showroom in Brooklyn nearly 10 years ago. Through one of the Sadowsky branded (Bergantino designed?) 4x10 cabs. Even at low volume it was fat, chewy, 3D, gloriously nom, nom, nom bass.... best rig I’ve never owned...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Denzel said:

This still on the market Wayne? How does the Sad compare to the Jule Tardis? Cheers!

Yes still available, It's quite simply the best amp I've ever had and is every bit as good as the Jule Tardis.

For me the Sadowsky has the edge, the SA200 is all valve and has build quality second to none. I would be keeping it forever but have a few health niggles and have had to go for lighter options.

Thanks