Why become a member? ×

NAD Ampeg Portaflex 350

stuckinthepod

Just bought one from Amazon, great amp really pleased and great value currently at £220.

I had an audition last week and needed a new amp having stupidly sold of my TC BG500 a year or so ago. Read some reviews and ummed and ahhed around whether to get the 

500w version I decided on the 350w -Reason being The TC was super loud at 500w, never had it past 3 on volume and never felt it was properly utilising the drivers at low volume so I figured that 350 would be ample.

Wanted a standard rock tone and that exactly what I go using the BB614 and Bass Attack preamp. Ran it at 8ohms through a Laney 410 at half volume and it sounded immense during the audition!

...and I got the gig! Yay.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stuckinthepod said:

Just bought one from Amazon, great amp really pleased and great value currently at £220.

I had an audition last week and needed a new amp having stupidly sold of my TC BG500 a year or so ago. Read some reviews and ummed and ahhed around whether to get the 

500w version I decided on the 350w -Reason being The TC was super loud at 500w, never had it past 3 on volume and never felt it was properly utilising the drivers at low volume so I figured that 350 would be ample.

Wanted a standard rock tone and that exactly what I go using the BB614 and Bass Attack preamp. Ran it at 8ohms through a Laney 410 at half volume and it sounded immense during the audition!

...and I got the gig! Yay.

Good work sir! I have to say the Ampeg Portaflex range are some of the nicest looking amps and cabs on the market. The design team really nailed it. Despite going FRFR (quite happily I might add) I've had intermittent tinglings of GAS...

• Like 1