Why become a member? ×

MySpace loses 50million tracks.

TimR

Dear Mr / Mrs Myspace,

I would like to apply for the senior position of IT Manager that has just become available. I am fully versed in the latest Spectrum and Commodore computing systems and have built my own Olivetti PC from parts. I believe that along with these skills and experience I have a novel concept to offer in the minimisation of business risk. I have named this philosophy and practical execution "Backup 101" and know that once I have explained the concept to you it will be embraced by yourselves with the possibility of selling it to other computer users.

Best regards,

Ivor Bacupavyoo

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I saw a rumour that it was cheaper to 'lose the data' publically, than the cost of migrating them to a new platform.

As someone who works in IT, I can actually believe this. Glad I backed up my old metal band MP3s into Google Drive...

Edited by Machines

Yes. Quite a few comments there on the BBC website. Apparently Murdoch lost close on £500m on it when he sold it. 

I played around a bit with the styling (although it was a bit of a nightmare and weren’t many rescources about detailing what elements could be changed) and you could allegedly buy skins. Quite a clever concept for building a ‘standard webpage’ for musicians. I quite liked it.