Why become a member? ×

Two of the very best 112 cabs available today?

Al Krow

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Although ive said i didnt get on with it, the 3 gigs i did with it weren’t  too bad, although i still think on a crappy hollow stage its not an ideal cab to use

So you're particularly after a cab for crappy hollow stages...gotcha! 😂

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

So you're particularly after a cab for crappy hollow stages...gotcha! 😂

Well basically yes. Most, if not all our recent gigs have been on these. Thats why i love the Berg, as its not as deep sounding. Tight low end but without the extended lows. 

Thinking of getting a 1x12 version and selling the 2x12. Probably wont need anything for a while so it will free up some space. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Well the Berg 212 is an awesome cab!

My only draw back with the Berg 112 is its lower power handling compared to the F112 or BB2: you would probably want 2 x Berg 112s, whereas a single F112 or BB2 should be able to handle most venues where there isn't a PA available.

Edited by Al Krow

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Well the Berg 212 is an awesome cab!

My only draw back with the Berg 112 is its lower power handling compared to the F112 or BB2, you would probably want 2 x Berg 112s, whereas the F112 and BB2 should be able to handle most venues where there isn't a PA available.

Although a lot of us want more power, in real life i dont think many of us really push what we have.

For my gigs i know a good, pokey 1x12 would just about cover it (maybe thats not the CN112 then). I guess it depends on the SPL and tone of the cab though. I gigged my BB2 for about a year, and rehearsed with it a lot. When i changed to the VanderKley 1x15 i started to turn my amp down and filled the room more.  

I gigged an Ashdown MAG300 C115 for a couple of years. Thats putting out 220watts. Now all my amps are 800watts, but i never go over 10 o’clock on the master. I know thats no real indication of power, but it helps when its one head and different cabs. With only the cab changing its easier tell which is better for me.

My thinking is really that I’m not going to be playing bass live in the future, so its more just having something i could use occasionally if i had a change of heart. 

On 15/10/2020 at 10:50, Jazzjames said:

Cab sounds good.

FYI the 5th note of the main riff should be a b5 (Bb) not a 5 (B) like you guys are playing it.

Thanks for confirming the first point and well spotted on the second!

I think it was either me or our guitarist who worked out exactly that a short while after we played this gig, but this was the only gig I've recorded with the Fearless F112...I'll get Dave to record us playing it correctly next time around 😊

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1