Why become a member? ×

IK Multimedia AXE I/O Interface

RedVee

Well I decided to give this Interface a try seeing as I use Amplitube for my VST's and I have forked out quite a bit on their software over the years, so it was an easy decision to try it after not being impressed with my Focusrite 2i4 and was after a back up for my Audient id14. I have had a couple of days messing about with it and everything was plain sailing in regards to downloading everything that you get with the package. Along with the Interface itself you get Amplitube 4 and a selection of T-Racks plugins which are great top notch Compressors, EQ's  etc.

The first thing I found was that the unit is loud, a lot louder than my Audient and Focusrite and when using Amplitube through it there is a definite improvement in tone that you get from the different amp, cabs etc. It also has two great options with a Z Tone function for passive basses which allows for variable impedance, and a JFET/Pure function which allows you to select two different preamp topologies. It comes with a built in tuner which is spot on and everything out of the box worked as it should. This is THE Interface for guitarists and is made specially for guitarists and I must say that I am very happy with it.

• Like 1

I remember seeing this video a few months ago and thinking it looked decent. It definitely would have been a strong contender for me had I not invested in a HX Stomp! What recording software are you using? And how is the selection of bass amps/FX?

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

I remember seeing this video a few months ago and thinking it looked decent. It definitely would have been a strong contender for me had I not invested in a HX Stomp! What recording software are you using? And how is the selection of bass amps/FX?

I use the paid version of Reaper and the full list of amps,cabs, stomps,racks, EQ's etc can be viewed fully at IK's website as there are too many to mention. But briefly the software you get with the AXE I/O are.........

• 33 Stompbox models including: Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ and more
  • 25 Amplifiers including: American Tube Clean 1, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp, Jazz Amp 120 plus 5 all new classic British amps and more
  • 29 Cabinets including: 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x10 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1 and more
  • 29 Vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 12 Microphones including: Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87 and more
  • 15 Rack effects units including: Digital Delay, Parametric EQ, Rotary Speaker and more
  • 2 Tuners: UltraTuner plus a fully chromatic rack tuner

You’ll also receive a selection of 10 of our most popular and best sounding T-RackS 5 processors, covering the most popular outboard gear for mixing guitar, bass, vocals and any other instrument, and mastering full tracks with a world-class sound.

• Like 1