Why become a member? ×

Epifani Tour 555 (Piccolo).

karlfer

Wanted to try these out as I liked the look of the features.

First gig last night, wonderful little fella.

Usual bass/mid/treble plus a mid cut & a "Vintage" button that is simulating Fender Bassman. Mute, gain & a great big volume rotary on the front. Easy to find on dark stages & I needed it to turn down last night.

DI level on back. Singer sound dood very happy! Best I've had sayeth he!

Enough power to say the least, the floor was bumping! Gain 10 o'clock, vol 11 o'clock.

First set with Mex P/J, vintage button on, rest of dials around noon, fabulous, from nice & smooth on Smiths & Bad Company, to chainsaw on Kaiser Chiefs. All done through tone & vol controls on a passive Mex.

Second set, rick 4004C11, flats, vintage off, mid cut off. Dear God, blew me away, from Steppenwolf to Tenpole Tudor to AC/DC, just great tones wherever I went on the rotaries (Rick electrics changed to pan, push pull  vol parallel/series, push pull tone/mid cut). And boy did I have to turn the Rick down, compared to the Fender.

1st number of 2nd set was American Idiot, little bit of "dirt" on it. One guitarist turned round, big  mouth :o followed by  :biggrin:.

Cracking amp, has everything I need & little I don't. Very happy bunny.

002.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 1

Big fan of the Epifani amps. Recently got hold of the piccolo, but they do a 1000w power amp mod in the same chassis as this! Never ran out of grunt running 2 series 1 epifani 4x10’s! Immensely good fun!

Preamp gain wise, you can’t really push it to get any fuzz... if you wanted that sort of thing you’d have to put a pedal in line, or use the effects loop

Edited by Rblake80
Predictive text put can instead of can’t!
  • Like 1