Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot front panel lamp

whizzzy

I've recently acquired a Trace Elliot head which has the GP12 SMX preamp and would like to bring it back to it's former glory. One thing that needs attention is a blown lamp on the front panel. Having carried out some research I find that it is a miniature hot cathode florescent UV lamp - data sheet here. I would like to replace it with an original device rather than changing it to an LED but can't find anyone in the UK who sells such a bulb. The cost to bring one over from the USA is going to be prohibitive.

Does anyone know where I can source one of these within Brexit land? New or second hand, I'm not fussed.  

Edited by whizzzy

Total price from Mouser shipped to UK is £19.85 using the link above. The small print on the checkout page says that this includes duty and customs fees which is pretty good I think. 

Edited by ikay

Why not ask Mark Gooday (Ashdown owner/MD, formerly TE bigwig) if he's got any idea's where you might get something?, or maybe he'll have another suggestion to achieve what you're trying to do...He's on Facebook or easily contactable via Ashdown too..

Yes, if LED strips had have been around 22 years ago then that would certainly have been the way to go. But actually I can see the logic from TE in using the hot cathode bulb as I guess the life of conventional lamps would have been somewhat shortened with all the vibration coming up through the cabinet. So some thought has gone into it.

Thanks for the suggestion in contacting Mark Gooday. I'll see I can find him on FB. 

If it's any use I'll probably be doing a Mouser order in a couple of weeks. It'll be over the £30 threshold for free shipping. 
If you go down that route let me know and i can add it to the order.

Edited by bartelby