Why become a member? ×

Expression control of Source Audio Lunar, Gemini, Mercury

Quatschmacher

10 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Me too but I can’t find it for the life of me.

Configuring the Expression Pedal
It is easier than ever to set up expression control using the Aftershock’s new calibration and mapping 
method. When the expression pedal is connected to the Aftershock, follow these simple steps to 
calibrate it and map it to control different effect parameters.
1. Press the CONTROL INPUT button to turn on Control Input mode. The CONTROL LED should be lit 
green.
2. Press and hold the CONTROL INPUT button until the CONTROL LED begins to blink slowly
(approximately one blink per second).
3. Move the expression pedal over the range of motion you would like to use to control the 
Aftershock. If you would like to use the expression pedal’s full range of motion, then make 
sure to move the pedal all the way from its minimum position to its maximum position. 
Note that you can create “dead zones,” if desired, by only moving the expression pedal over 
a limited region of its full range of motion.
4. After setting the expression pedal range, click the Aftershock’s footswitch once. The 
calibration is now complete, and the CONTROL LED will blink faster (about 2 blinks per 
second). Now, it is time to map the expression pedal to the effect parameters.
5. Move the knob(s) you wish to control with the expression pedal to the minimum desired 
position, then click the Aftershock’s footswitch. The CONTROL LED will now blink even faster 
(about 4 blinks per second). Note that you may control one or more knobs with the 
expression pedal, up to four total knobs.
6. Move the knob(s) you wish to control with the expression pedal to their maximum desired
position, then click the footswitch. The CONTROL LED will now be lit solid green. Note that 
you may control one or more knobs with the expression pedal, up to four total knobs.
7. After setting the minimum and maximum knob positions, the parameter mapping is 
complete.
Note: The parameter range can be inverted by swapping the minimum and maximum position of the 
knobs during configuration.

• Like 1

As @GisserD shows above, yes, that's easy by connecting the expression pedal directly to the FX pedal. It can also be done (I think via MIDI, although I never used it this way myself) by plugging the expresion pedal into the Exp Pedal input on the Neuro Hub.  This would allow several SA pedals to benefit from using one expression pedal.

• Like 1

Thanks. I tagged Roger from SA and he posted the same info. I hadn’t noticed that little button as I don’t have a One Series pedal and when I did, I didn’t have the Hub so never looked for it. It looks like it’s even better implemented than on the SB2 pedals as one can assign all four knobs at once! I think I might be be up for buying a Gemini.