Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan Ultimate Signature Drive

visog

No love shown yet here for this update?

https://ebssweden.com/content2/effects/ebs-billy-sheehan-ultimate-signature-drive/

I always liked his dry/wet mix concept but found the sound to fizzy - eclipsed by Darkglass's more open and refined grit, grunt and growl. What do the BS pedal fans think?

**Edit: Just read that it's not out yet**

Still some vids appearing:

Edited by visog

I had the previous one but sold it for something less fuzzy.

Dry/wet mix is a good thing, better than a blend IMO and the clean loop is great for adding an effect without ruining it with the drive.

The Ultimate BS doesn't add anything interesting for me, the first BS drive seems to be enough.

It would have interested me if EBS gave the possibility to put the compressor before or after, not only at the end.

Very good pedal with interesting features but also useless ones and too noisy for me.

I love the deluxe, it's my all time fave drive pedal now I reckon. It just works very well with my own particular set up (though I maybe approach my drive in a different way, maybe not ha ha!) 

Oh and there's the new little babe sat here in a box that I will be talking to the Guitar Interactive studio soon. So you know what that means! (Oh and you can't ask me now as I've not been up to opening the box yet.)

Erik is a great guy, I really like his style of playing and his reviews are making great viewing.

Dan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One just landed on my doorstep today, need to see what the fuss (or should I actually say fuzz) is about .... am doing 2 largish festivals in August (RATM tribute) and September (Audio/Rage tribute) and am thinking this box can really cop that high octane treble rich Timmy C tone of the 1st album. 

23 hours ago, HazBeen said:

One just landed on my doorstep today, need to see what the fuss (or should I actually say fuzz) is about .... am doing 2 largish festivals in August (RATM tribute) and September (Audio/Rage tribute) and am thinking this box can really cop that high octane treble rich Timmy C tone of the 1st album. 

It totally nails the Tim C tone..... I must admit I prefer it over the DG B7K emulation on my Helix, which already gets very close. Nice job EBS!

• Like 1

I have all manner of drives and the BS deluxe is easily my favourite. I am doing a lot of Billy stuff at the moment and the loops are great... I don't find it too fizzy...I hate fizzy drives... I find that I had to work a lot with the phase section with the tone to get where I want it to be...but then if you are not happy with the sound there is always the options to change the op amp... a lot of features in this pedal especiallt for the average second hand price... Personally I would get another one in favour of the Darkglass stuff...just on price alone. Not too sure what the new update adds to the package...I am happy with the second generation one...keeps me grinning....

• Like 1