Why become a member? ×

Do heads bounce?

lownote

modern stuff is often surprisingly robust, last year I pulled my PJB double 4 off a 4' stack onto a concrete floor (went to answer the phone forgetting I was only plugged in with a 3m guitar lead and the phone was 5m away), dented the casing on one corner and it switched itself off but the lights were still on, so I assumed the worse thought I'd broken it, but after answering the phone and berating myself for being an idiot, I was made up to find that switching it off at the power and back on it came back on okay and has worked fine since

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 17:50, lownote12 said:

Just dropped my Markbass LM2 onto a wooden floor from about 4 feet height.  No obvious dings, rattles and it still works. Is it likely to be OK?

I'd be tempted to remove the lid and have a quick gander inside to see if anything's obviously damaged / loosened / dislodged.

YMMV!

I'm a +1 on the side that heads bounce. I had my all valve SVT head fall a metre onto the floor while in use at a gig. I didnt notice until a few mates came on stage to pick it up. It had gone into safe mode so no sound came out. After turning it off and on again, it carried on flawlessly. I had it checked out, and nothing was damaged, bar the speaker cable. I'm utterly amazed, that was 3 years ago and its still fine.