Jack

SOLD EBMM Musicman Stingray (4H/Black/Maple/2EQ) SOLD
£900
Newcastle (ish)

For sale is a brilliant bass, EBMM Stingray!

I've had this for around 8 years now, but the truth is I've got rather too many basses and it's time to thin the herd a bit. As my other Ray is quite heavily modified it makes the most sense to keep that one and let this one go.

2010 USA EBMM Stingray
Black
4.5kg
Unfinished maple neck/board
2-band eq
Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks (originals also included)
Black and Black pearl scratchplates included

It's a really good looking and sounding bass, with only a few tiny nicks on the very end of the headstock (hence the one really high-contrast photo) I've had the Bass Doc set it up to my specs (which aren't your specs, but I can't help that...) but it does have D'Addario EXL170BT strings on it, a medium-low action, and the both the pickup and the pole pieces are raised towards one end to combat the weak G that single-pickup Rays often suffer from.

The bass is completely stock aside from the straplocks, and comes with the original EBMM case that's got a few cosmetic marks but it's barely been used as I tend to use gigbags.

The item is located about 10 minutes North of Newcastle. I am willing to ship, or I can deliver throughout the North East. You're more than welcome to come and demo and try before you buy.

Ideally looking for cash but I would be interested in either a
Flea Jazz

G&L M2000
Blue Dingwall NG2
A considerably cheaper P/PJ bass (sunburst/maple is ideal)
Sunburst/maple Sire V7
Something modern like a Schecter
Pretty much any rare or unusual 4 string bass
Shure rackmount GLX system
Peavey Tour 700
A tiny micro like a TE Elf
Boss GEB7 or similar.

DSCF2122.JPG

DSCF2123.JPG

DSCF2131.JPG

DSCF2134.JPG

DSCF2135.JPG

DSCF2138.JPG

DSCF2139.JPG

DSCF2144.JPG

DSCF2147.JPG

DSCF2150.JPG

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2152.JPG

DSCF2153.JPG

s-l500.jpg

40114723_895037260885783_8559427422116642816_o.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pinewoods said:

Hi. How much does she weigh?

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Jack said:

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

On 17/03/2019 at 14:13, Pinewoods said:

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

I own a belt sander, how much should I take off? 🙂

More trade options added, cash offers taken!

On hold pending collection.

Sorry, all gone now. Thanks anyway.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TorVic
      (Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)
      PRICEDROP: 1400eur / 1250 GBP 
      No trades
      MusicMan Stingray (bridge serial number lookup: Manufactured - October 27th, 1989 / Model - BASS STING BLUBURST ROSEWOOD 2EQ)
      In very good condition. Has  a wonderful classic tone with the bass/treble knobs fully turned off or anywhere between.
      The neck is a beautiful birdseye maple and the fretboard a dark rosewood. The mutes are in good condition.  Everything is in good condition and fully working. 
      Weight: ~4.4kg / 9.7lbs
      Will ship in a generic hard case. Willing to split shipping costs by UPS Standard insured.  

• By alinbassplayer
      With a heavy heart i'm putting my 2001 Warwick SS1 5 string up for sale.
      When I got it 3 years ago it was in a dire situation in its original "finish", it was all scratched up and the previous owner just kept waxing without cleaning, so a lot of grime had built up, one of the original saddles was lost and had been replaced with a smaller one, and the jack plug only worked continuously in passive mode, active was interrupted.
      So i replaced the whole bridge, will provide the old one for parts, i think i still have the original knobs it came with but they were just a little more tarnished and had lost their shine.
      When i bought the bridge and measured everything I realized this is actually the broad neck version and not the normal one, i only had a rockbass to compare it to, and that's not a fair comparison.
      2 years ago i had it professionally refinished by one of the Crimson Guitars tutors. It is now in a lovely semi satin finish, and a nice red which i think actually enhances the flamed maple, we managed to cover and clean most of the scratches but some can still be seen.
      I have also installed recessed Dunlop straplocks but i can provide the original ones should anyone endeavour to install them back, i am not very skilled in woodwork and didn't want to screw it up.(get it?!)
      The preamp and pickups are original, preamp is 3 band active/passive and honestly the tone out of it is unbelievable.
      The neck is beautiful, a little on the thicc side, but feels very comfortable and compliments the looks and sound of the bass.
      Only selling as the addition of a new bass will basically mean this will not be used at all anymore.
      Original specs as per warwick serial no.
      G 085969-01 
      2001 Streamer Stage 1
      5 string
      Flamed maple AA body
      Flamed maple neck
      Natural oil finish(not any more)
      Gold hardware
      And i think the fretboard is Wenge but it's not mentioned on the specs.
      It has been my main war horse for the past 2 years so it has a few newer scars, all can be seen in the photos. I keep my action pretty high as i play in A tuning. It could do with a clean and maybe a setup. Strings are fairly recent D'Daddario nickels 135 and lower.
      Any questions let me know, not interested in trades, unless it's a 5 string fanned fret/headless/both. 
      Offers welcome as price is not fixed.
      I prefer collection only from Lewisham, London or around the South East London area.
      Will come with a Hiscox Liteflite HSC.
      Price drop: £1400 ONO

• By Apothem
      Playing zero nowadays, hence FOR SALE ONLY, thinning the herd here.
      Beautiful vintage Music Man STINGRAY, April 1989, black / maple, original hardshell case WITH KEYS. One from the golden era of EBMM, still with the lacquered neck, bullet trussrod and skunk stripe on the back of the neck. Some birdseye on fingerboard and neck. Chrome battery cover. Already featuring the screws-through-saddles design bridge, allowing lower action. Currently set with very little relief and low action. Strung with 45-105 Daddario ProSteels with only a few hours of bedroom playing on.
      A little patina on the control plate and pegs, small dings on the body and some buckle rash on the back, the kind of signs to be expected on a 31 year old instrument, but neck and fingerboard are absolutely fine. Very punchy, just checked out through some Sennheiser headphones and it sounds thunderous. To be completely honest upfront, I am not sure about the originality of the pickguard, although I may be wrong. Weight is 4.3 Kg / 9.5 Lbs
      Price £1300 + shipping, payment through bank transfer only, please. Trade proposals will not be considered. Established, reputable BCers from the EU can contact me with their address for a shipping quote.
      Thanks for looking.