Jack

SOLD EBMM Musicman Stingray (4H/Black/Maple/2EQ) SOLD
£900
Newcastle (ish)

For sale is a brilliant bass, EBMM Stingray!

I've had this for around 8 years now, but the truth is I've got rather too many basses and it's time to thin the herd a bit. As my other Ray is quite heavily modified it makes the most sense to keep that one and let this one go.

2010 USA EBMM Stingray
Black
4.5kg
Unfinished maple neck/board
2-band eq
Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks (originals also included)
Black and Black pearl scratchplates included

It's a really good looking and sounding bass, with only a few tiny nicks on the very end of the headstock (hence the one really high-contrast photo) I've had the Bass Doc set it up to my specs (which aren't your specs, but I can't help that...) but it does have D'Addario EXL170BT strings on it, a medium-low action, and the both the pickup and the pole pieces are raised towards one end to combat the weak G that single-pickup Rays often suffer from.

The bass is completely stock aside from the straplocks, and comes with the original EBMM case that's got a few cosmetic marks but it's barely been used as I tend to use gigbags.

The item is located about 10 minutes North of Newcastle. I am willing to ship, or I can deliver throughout the North East. You're more than welcome to come and demo and try before you buy.

Ideally looking for cash but I would be interested in either a
Flea Jazz

G&L M2000
Blue Dingwall NG2
A considerably cheaper P/PJ bass (sunburst/maple is ideal)
Sunburst/maple Sire V7
Something modern like a Schecter
Pretty much any rare or unusual 4 string bass
Shure rackmount GLX system
Peavey Tour 700
A tiny micro like a TE Elf
Boss GEB7 or similar.

DSCF2122.JPG

DSCF2123.JPG

DSCF2131.JPG

DSCF2134.JPG

DSCF2135.JPG

DSCF2138.JPG

DSCF2139.JPG

DSCF2144.JPG

DSCF2147.JPG

DSCF2150.JPG

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2152.JPG

DSCF2153.JPG

s-l500.jpg

40114723_895037260885783_8559427422116642816_o.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pinewoods said:

Hi. How much does she weigh?

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Jack said:

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

On 17/03/2019 at 14:13, Pinewoods said:

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

I own a belt sander, how much should I take off? 🙂

More trade options added, cash offers taken!

On hold pending collection.

Sorry, all gone now. Thanks anyway.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jojobass
      Musicman Old Smoothie 2016, 40th Anniversary 2016 model in Chocolate Burst, total awesome bass, financial needs forces sale, mint original condition, with case. Old Smoothie is a replica of a 1975 Stingray Prototype, with modified pickup. Old style construction with string mutes and through body stringing. weighs 9.2 lbs. No trades thanks
      Based in Reading Berks

NOW £1850

• By Allaboutthebass
      Hi,
      I'm not looking for any trades at the moment but my arm could be twisted by a nice 4 string classic ray with a rosewood fretboard, or a Spector euro LX. (Cash either way)
      I had this up for sale a few months ago and withdrew it because I knew I would regret it. However, its time to put my big knickers and to let it go once and for all.
      Its a great bass, in great condition (see pics, shout if you would like some more pics).
      Check out the following link for details 
      https://www.marleaux-bass.com/marleaux-bass_consat_custom.html
      I would prefer social distance collection, although I'm happy to drive for an hour to deliver. (say 80 miles top)
      I can post, shipping and Insurance will be at the buyers expense
      Here is a summary, see pics for weight according to kitchen scales and the width of the nut.
      Body: Mahogany Top: Bubinga Neck: Maple Neck: Bolt on. Fretboard: Ebony (No Makers) Frets: 24 Scale: 34 inches Pickups: Delano SBC Electronics: Marleaux EQ BC3 Controls: Master Vol - Pickup Blend - 3-Band Active / Passive Switch: Pickup Split Hardware Finish: Black Tuners: Schaller Colour: Natural Case: Generic Made in Germany Happy to answer any questions.
      Cheers
      Neil.

• By Lukasz Chyla
      Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5 HH 2016 Limited Edition

Comes with with original hard case.
      Hardly used, very good condition.
      5-way switching system with active 3-band preamp.
      Brilliant instrument with huge sounds palette to choose from.

Any questions, let me know.

• By Ozzy555
      Hi Everyone! 
      New to this site and so I thought I'd start by sharing a purchase I made back in June this year. 
      The 2020 Sterling by Musicman Stingray 34 with swamp Ash Black body and roasted maple neck. This is my first Stingray Bass as I usually play Jazz Basses. Had seen this on the official Sterling site and was blown away with how great it looked. A 'BFR' inspired design they say on the site. Purchased it from a site called Project Music who had only one due in so snapped it up pretty quickly. 
      As I say, my first Stingray so other than a 1990 USA Stingray I borrowed and played for a couple of week's I don't have much to compare it with. I'll start by saying it's loud, very loud although I do usually play passive Basses and one other active Jazz which has nothing on this things volume. 3 band EQ seems fine, plenty of tones can be dialed in easily. Not sure whether the bass boost lacks in the real boomy end. The body looks great with the white grain showing through and is well finished. This is a lump of a bass! May remove the clear scratch plate as after cleaning the bass after use there is quite a bit of dust build up underneath which can become visible. The roasted maple neck is lovely and plays really well. Had to file down the nut edges as they weren't particularly well finished and sharp to touch. I guess that's the real difference when it comes to Indonesian made vs USA made Musicmans. And of course love the all black hardware. 
      Been very pleased with it so far. Not had the opportunity to gig with it as yet due to you know what but have used for online recordings and jamming at home and really feels great to play. 
      Any Stingray players out there recommend any mods at all? I've read that people tend to swap out the standard preamp for something a bit hotter like Aguilars OBP 3. Anyone ever done so and felt the benefits? 
      Have added some pics 😊
      Let me know your thoughts, Q's etc
      Ozzy