Jack

EBMM Musicman Stingray (4H/Black/Maple/2EQ)
£900
Newcastle (ish)

Posted (edited)
For sale is a brilliant bass, EBMM Stingray!

I've had this for around 8 years now, but the truth is I've got rather too many basses and it's time to thin the herd a bit. As my other Ray is quite heavily modified it makes the most sense to keep that one and let this one go.

2010 USA EBMM Stingray
Black
4.5kg
Unfinished maple neck/board
2-band eq
Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks (originals also included)
Black and Black pearl scratchplates included

It's a really good looking and sounding bass, with only a few tiny nicks on the very end of the headstock (hence the one really high-contrast photo) I've had the Bass Doc set it up to my specs (which aren't your specs, but I can't help that...) but it does have D'Addario EXL170BT strings on it, a medium-low action, and the both the pickup and the pole pieces are raised towards one end to combat the weak G that single-pickup Rays often suffer from.

The bass is completely stock aside from the straplocks, and comes with the original EBMM case that's got a few cosmetic marks but it's barely been used as I tend to use gigbags.

The item is located about 10 minutes North of Newcastle. I am willing to ship, or I can deliver throughout the North East. You're more than welcome to come and demo and try before you buy.

Ideally looking for cash but I would be interested in either a
Flea Jazz

G&L M2000
Blue Dingwall NG2
A considerably cheaper P/PJ bass (sunburst/maple is ideal)
Sunburst/maple Sire V7
Something modern like a Schecter
Pretty much any rare or unusual 4 string bass
Shure rackmount GLX system
Peavey Tour 700
A tiny micro like a TE Elf
Boss GEB7 or similar.

DSCF2122.JPG

DSCF2123.JPG

DSCF2131.JPG

DSCF2134.JPG

DSCF2135.JPG

DSCF2138.JPG

DSCF2139.JPG

DSCF2144.JPG

DSCF2147.JPG

DSCF2150.JPG

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2152.JPG

DSCF2153.JPG

s-l500.jpg

40114723_895037260885783_8559427422116642816_o.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pinewoods said:

Hi. How much does she weigh?

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Jack said:

A macho 4.5kg. I've now added this to the original post too. 🙂

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

On 17/03/2019 at 14:13, Pinewoods said:

A pity. Too much for my back. I don´t think it will last too long here. Anyway, GLWS.

I own a belt sander, how much should I take off? 🙂

More trade options added, cash offers taken!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By edstraker123
      Now £1400
      Brand New Musicman Stingray 5 H in Candy Red.
      Comes with the  StingRay Case
      Its a Stingray, Its gorgeous, it's brand new what more is there to say !
      Collection from Liverpool preferred - can meet up within reason or happy for you to arrange a courier at your own risk and cost.
      It has the original cardboard box for packing - some couriers are now insisting on a hard case and a cardboard box ( UPS & TNT)

Metallic flake close up

• By TAzMilitello
      *Last price drop: about £270 = €300
      FOR SALE this great 5 strings Ibanez GSRM25BK miKro 28.6" Short-Scale 5 String Bass w/Black finish. Comes with original Ibanez strap, documents, keys, both original brand new ibanez Mikro soft bag, cost recently 30€ from Thomann, and an hard case (with a value of 70€) and always as a gift the new Sansone Strings Set (with a value of 60€ and made in Italy especially for this bass), equal to those already mounted on the bass recently, all accessories that obviously do not give on the purchase with the bass!
      Small hands make big sounds with this Ibanez miKros. These compact bass have many of the features of their bigger counterparts, great sound, great low-B string,  so really comfortable!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qt5q_QefoAqberQDDq3u-u85yE84vngG
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Specifications:
      Neck Type: GSRM5 Maple Neck 726mm/28.6" Scale Body: Agathis Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/ White dot inlay Fret: Medium frets Number of frets: 22 Bridge: B15 bridge Neck PU: standard J neck PU (passive) Bridge: standard J bridge PU (passive) Hardware color: Chrome Color: Black Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By Mudpup
      For Sale TRADED 
      1997 Musicman Stingray 4 string bass
      Single humbucker, 2 band eq, rosewood neck, Hipshot D Tuner (original included too) and Schaller straplocks fitted. Comes with a new Fender FB620 gig bag.
      Not too sure i want to sell this but i've accumulated too much gear and have bought a car that i would like to spend a few quid on so i'm having a clear out.
      If you want a mint new condition bass this isn't the one for you - she's been played and gigged for 22 years and has some marks to show it. All electrics and mechanical parts are fully functional and smooth in operation. Tuners and truss rod are great and theres no crackles or weird fizzy noises going on.

There are a few small scratches on the body (mainly on the back and lower edge and the worst scratch can be seen on the lower rear back corner in a picture) but no lacquer chips or worn through to the finish buckle rash. The front is free of scratches apart from a tiny dink on the top bout. From a few feet away she looks mint though.

I left her too near a hot stage light a few years back and its kind of rippled the finish on the forearm contour - its not cracked or through the finish but its there and you can see and feel it. I was thinking of getting a refinish but decided it was better to keep her honest and I genuinely prefer basses that i don't need to be precious with.

The chrome on the bridge has a bit of pitting and there's a small lacquer chip under the edge of the lower part of the bridge.
      Unusually she doesn't have the lumps out of the headstock that most Stingrays have  :-)
      And that brings me to the neck! Its the best neck i've ever played on any bass in 40 years. It's totally played in and has the softest edges you'll ever find. Its aged to a beautiful honey colour (its not grubby like loads of other ones) and has a warm smooth waxed finish - its almost roasted in feel. It's a neck i wish i could have on all my other basses. The frets are in 9/10 condition all the way up the neck. It's the reason i'm not sure i can let her go and i have a feeling i may regret this but i have 3 other basses that i gig more regularly.
      Collection from near Stansted Airport, maybe meet up Essex/Herts/London way and any trial welcome with free biscuits and tea. Sorry no courier option - i don't trust them and if your'e spending on this kind of thing its worth a trip out.
      Anyway, heres the evidence......
      IMG_20190609_160759 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160818 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160459 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160523 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160530 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160633 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160641 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160723 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160748 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160836 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160843 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160850 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr
      IMG_20190609_160855 by Jon Ashbee, on Flickr

• By Delamitri79
      Up for sale here is my beautiful 2013 Stingray 5 
      Kinda can't believe I'm parting with her but I'm going back to 4 string and some lucky person will grab an absolute beast of a bass. I recently had it setup by Michal Langner and let me tell you, she's a dream to play. Both pickguards included in the sale. 
      I'm very interested in trading for a 4 string stingray. 
      There is a hardcase with it. I still feel a bit reluctant letting this go but sure let's see what happens 👍