Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Basses

joe_geezer

7 hours ago, joe_geezer said:

100-40, i normally play 105's but i thought i better get a bit closer to Mark Kings 90-30's :D

Thanks, I'll be doing the same. I've just gone back to the beginning of this thread; was this the bass you ordered in March 2019? That's 33 months not the 16 referenced on JD website.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Thanks, I'll be doing the same. I've just gone back to the beginning of this thread; was this the bass you ordered in March 2019? That's 33 months not the 16 referenced on JD website.

Yep, has it been that long... crikey! lol I can only put it down to Mark King coming back to play Jaydee's again mid way through my order lol

I'm not complaining though,  I'll gladly stand aside and let the King get his orders in :D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Hope you're enjoying the bass.

They're far more versatile than many give the credit for.

This is mine.

Toby was willing to listen to my daft idea of translucent cherry into purpleburst.

image.png.1d2c3532e076880f72124ce4e6d1bc8b.png

Toby is the best guitar finisher in the UK IMO. He's done some stunning work for a friend of mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2022 at 12:59, JohnFitzgerald said:

Hope you're enjoying the bass.

They're far more versatile than many give the credit for.

This is mine.

Toby was willing to listen to my daft idea of translucent cherry into purpleburst.

image.png.1d2c3532e076880f72124ce4e6d1bc8b.png

Thats one beauty!

I am indeed enjoying the bass, I have to post some audio / vids soon! 

Do you have your bass yet?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tough one, Jaydee is enjoying a bit of a renaissance right now, like Wal, and has full order books and significant waiting list BUT that's for the Mark King and Iommi models.  I would imagine a Flying V bass is going to have a more limited appeal, but if someone has just got have one who knows.  With John semi-retired - I don't think the sons offer the same kind of custom service that he did - maybe that works in your favor.  Got any pics?

Edited by GeeCee
  • Like 1