Why become a member? ×

Wireless unit on pedal board....wise??

The GroovyPlucker

Well, its an approach that might work.

Easier, though, you could hang the transmitter off your bass (as it was designed to be used), stick the receiver unit at the start of your pedal chain and run a cable from the last pedal on the board to your amp. Or you could run two wireless units, one into the board and one off the board but that might be considered by some to be a tad excessive.

Good luck with your project :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

so is the smooth hound the 1st in the chain, from the amp that is, I envisaged tuner 1st, bass synth + a couple of others and smooth hound last, sorry I'm new to all this........

I think you mean first in the chain from the bass (not the amp) don't you?

Bass-Wireless-Tuner-Effects-Amp

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jack said:

I'm confused, do you want bass>pedalboard to be wireless or do you want pedalboard>amp to be wireless?

looking to get a pedal board, have a few pedals now, but also have a wireless for the Bass, was just wondering if it would interfere, signal wise etc if attached to the pedal board, couple of folks say it's not a problem

that also answers my question, cheers jack, I also have the smooth hound and i see it's right next to the power supply too, just juggling which board to get, i see you have the metro, I might get a slightly bigger one as I have a few Electro Harmonix pedals which are quite big, but I don't plan on having that many, I see your power supply is on top, is that cos the metro doesn't have space underneath like the classic variant?

2 hours ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

that also answers my question, cheers jack, I also have the smooth hound and i see it's right next to the power supply too, just juggling which board to get, i see you have the metro, I might get a slightly bigger one as I have a few Electro Harmonix pedals which are quite big, but I don't plan on having that many, I see your power supply is on top, is that cos the metro doesn't have space underneath like the classic variant?

That was a board I quickly threw together for whatever reason and at the time that psu was the only fully isolated one that I had. As you noted, it didn't fit under the metro. I've since bought a smaller psu and I've also found some feet that raise the metro up enough that the hb unit would have fit anyway. The pedaltrain website has a section where you can mock up your board.

2 hours ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

also what leads do you use there to connect them, was looking at the flat pancake head interconnects

Those are thomann own brand ones, I've started using van damme flat ones since.

IMG_20190217_144303.jpg

1 hour ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

nice, I've some van damme ones saved on ebay, one basschatter was saying that the flat connector leads are sometimes noisy as they may not be shielded as well as standard, any issues yerself?

Not for me, but then this is just a backup board that only really goes to rehearsal rooms and it's not exactly a jam packed board anyway. It might be a different story with a stressed, underrated power supply and a million pedals crammed into a tiny board.

ok, well I'll see how things pan out, I've not had seperates before so trial n error, am just hopefully getting a t-rex board wich looks good, don't plan on a lot of pedals but some will be high powered, synth, deluxe big muff etc which is where my concerns lay re power consumption n hum/buzz and general interference, can't wait to get started, thanks for your useful input