Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Gallien Krueger GK 810SBX 8x10 bass cab
£395
St Agnes, Cornwall

Nicknamed The Planet Destroyer, this dreamy cab produces an extremely pleasing warm and thick tone. It's a sealed, infinite baffle cabinet with no ports, like the Ampeg fridges, which means you're just getting the pure sound of the speakers with no flappy woof. Moving it around is actually fine - you just tip it back and wheel it around - I replaced the casters with equivalent heavy duty types as the originals were shot. It's easy to get into the car too - just wheel it up to the tailgate, tip it up and slide it in. You'll need a bandmate to help you get it up the back stairs of the venue, but that would still be the case with a 4x10 and this obviously sounds twice as big!! Having speakers up at chest height is just great for monitoring too. There's something magical about the feeling of it behind you - it doesn't need to be that loud, it just moves so much air. Fall in love with the bass again!! All original speakers, GK bi-amp feature, horn attenuator. This cab is literally indestructible. Only selling as i've just got a GK Neo 412 as I fancied a change. The 8x10 is warmer and thicker but the 4x12 is just a bit smaller and lighter.
I'd prefer collection from St Agnes in Cornwall but if you can arrange shipping then go for it. Shiply can be very reasonable for stuff like this. When I bought it the shipping was £50. You can even come and try it with your head at my rehearsal space.

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

Edited by simonroberts788
sold elsewhere

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...