Why become a member? ×

New bass week!

goblin

Well, after around a year since placing the order, I got the go ahead that my brand new custom Alpher Mako Elite 5 is finished, and last Monday, I went and picked it up. I'll just let you look at the photos first...

32435137497_d98cccb417_h.jpgAlpher Mako Elite 5 by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

46653795724_4ed6d6f191_h.jpgAlpher Mako Elite 5 by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

46461901955_548f7efdbc_h.jpgAlpher Mako Elite 5 by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

46461901995_d6df453fd9_h.jpgAlpher Mako Elite 5 by Dave Butterworth, on Flickr

An absolute beauty. I'll take you through things!

The body is a highly figured, single piece of maple, with a 'crazyburl' top, which for those who don't know, is basically a burl which has been impregnated with dyes, and stabilised with resin.

The neck and control cavity plate is roasted birdseye maple.

The electronics are Aguilar's super single pickups, three of them. There's one at the neck, and then two together to make a humbucker. These can be configured at the flick of a switch to be series, single or parallel, and then blended in with the neck pickup, giving a wide range of available tones before you even look at the preamp! The preamp itself is pretty simple, an Aguilar OBP-3, so three band with sweepable mids.

Here's a quick video from the day I collected of how she sounds!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Bassislife16 said:

It’s lovely man. Welcome to the Alpher family! How are you getting on with it now you’ve had her a few weeks?

I love it, still getting my head around sweepable mids as I'm a bit of a dinosaur in that area. But it's incredible, in both feel and construction. The sound is something else too. 

• 6 months later...

well after nearly 2 years my hand built custom bass is just about ready its settling down over the next few weeks before I collect to take home

A Laminate of french maple & walnut, with cocbolo front & back and on the head stock, active / passive, go toh tuners, seymour duncan pickups, made by Tito Dalmedo

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

Edited by BrianJW
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1