Why become a member? ×

Tokai Hard Puncher - Japan - SOLD
£500
Carlisle

NoLogic69

20190309_165423.thumb.jpg.8835a7b85c61393bf12c73df65818125.jpgTokai Hardpuncher. Now SOLD 
Early 80's built in Japan.
This bass is in beautiful condition. One of the best playing/sounding precision basses I have ever played. The tuners have been upgraded to Wilkinson vintage style tuners, and fitted with a Hipshot B style aluminium bridge. This thing never goes out of tune. 
Comes with semi hard flight case and original bridge and tuners. 
A beautiful vintage bass.20190309_165423.thumb.jpg.8835a7b85c61393bf12c73df65818125.jpg

20190309_165428.jpg

20190309_165436.jpg

20190309_165459.jpg

20190309_165504.jpg

20190309_165508.jpg

20190309_165521.jpg

Edited by NoLogic69
  • Like 11

Ahhhhh. The “She Sells Sanctuary” bass. Well that’s what Jamie Stewart from The Cult (name drop) told me many moons ago. Reason enough to buy one of these. Go listen again to the track and tell me I’m not wrong! Ignore the Musicman in the video nonsense ( mutters to himself I don’t need a Precision etcetc) 😀GLWTS

Edited by basslondon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, basslondon said:

Ahhhhh. The “She Sells Sanctuary” bass. Well that’s what Jamie Stewart from The Cult (name drop) told me many moons ago. Reason enough to buy one of these. Go listen again to the track and tell me I’m not wrong! Ignore the Musicman in the video nonsense ( mutters to himself I don’t need a Precision etcetc) 😀GLWTS

Great information. Cheers

3 hours ago, basslondon said:

I just heard it played on the radio yesterday and thought wow, not heard it for ages, that's an awesome tune!

Cheers man! 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, NoLogic69 said:

Im sure its 83 /84 . I suppose you can date it by the serial number. Its in one of the photo's.  👍🏻

Already googled! 😁😁 and, it seems tokai have no structure to their serials which make dating a non exact science! 

Basically, if its one specific year, then I'd be buying it, for the whole 'year of birth' thing!

Just now, Elfrasho said:

Already googled! 😁😁 and, it seems tokai have no structure to their serials which make dating a non exact science! 

Basically, if its one specific year, then I'd be buying it, for the whole 'year of birth' thing!

Ahh got you. I know it's defo 83 or 84, I'm leaning more to 84. Sorry can't be more precise.  👍🏻

Help ma Boab

My first decent bass was one of these ..sadly it was borrowed and I had to give it back .. I often wonder where it went ..

I suspect it was smashed to pieces in a domestic, the guys then partner was a total head case who loved a right good argument

most of the time she ended up smashing something... all his gear was lost this way ...mind you he was a head case as well took a hammer to

a lovely steel road bike the cost of the repair was close to the cost of a new frame

GLWTS

5 hours ago, Fastfret24 said:

What's the neck profile like on these things and would you be willing to post to London?

The neck profile is typical P bass with a 42mm nut. Not too much of a handful but not too skinny like a jazz. The fingerboard edged are nicely rolled and very comfortable. No fret wear at all. A superb example of a great bass.

Yes I would courier to London. 

Cheers..... Mario 

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

Something about that exact shade of white with the black guard is just so right

I agree it's a great colour, it took me a while to find this bass. 

I don't gig anymore and have more basses than I need,  so she needs to go to someone who's gonna use it. 👍🏻

19 hours ago, NoLogic69 said:

Treat yourself to this one BeeBop, and bring back those happy memories! 😉

I d  love to have this ..but my 57 reissue Japanese Fender doesn't do back seat .. .. the only alternative would be a real 57 or one of they Fullerton jobs fae the eighties heard good things about those ..don't see them that much and when they do come up I cant put ma hands on 2K

it actually crossed my mind to rip oot the frets and go full circle as the Tokai I had was fretless..

5 hours ago, BeeBop said:

I d  love to have this ..but my 57 reissue Japanese Fender doesn't do back seat .. .. the only alternative would be a real 57 or one of they Fullerton jobs fae the eighties heard good things about those ..don't see them that much and when they do come up I cant put ma hands on 2K

it actually crossed my mind to rip oot the frets and go full circle as the Tokai I had was fretless..

Ha Ha, you wouldn't want to rip the frets out of this, that would be criminal, it's too nice! 👍🏻😉🤘

• Like 1