Why become a member? ×

SOLD - US EBMM Sterling 4HH with OHSC - £850 del
£850
South Yorkshire

Deedee

Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling 4HH - £850 posted mainland UK or £825 collected

I bought this bass last year and fell in love with it. However up until buying this I’d always played wider 'P' necked basses whereas this has a more narrow, Jazz like width. Whether it’s an age thing or not I’m unsure but I’ve started to experience pains in my fretting hand after playing this bass for anything more than 15 minutes. I’m not getting those pains after playing any of my other wider necked basses so I’ve concluded that this neck and I are no longer compatible. 

•    Year of manufacture 2009
•    Country of manufacture USA
•    4HH
•    Black
•    Ash Body
•    Maple Neck
•    Rosewood fingerboard
•    3-band EQ
•    5-way selector switch (see image below)
•    Weight 4.5kgs/9.9lbs
•    2 scratch plates – the original white/black/white one currently fitted plus an aftermarket black/white/black one as shown in the majority of the photographs
•    Complete with original MM hard shell case

I had the neck plate replaced last year as there was a hairline crack in the original. The new plate complete with new serial number was obtained through the correct Strings & Things/Ernie Ball channels. For those unaware in order to avoid any skulduggery in these situations, original broken plates have to be returned before Ernie Ball will update their database records with the newly issued serial number. The old plate was duly returned to EB once the below photograph of the two was taken last year.

EDIT - Condition Update - I've been over this bass again with a very keen eye and have listed anything that I could see, however minor and have tried to photograph them as best I can: 

• The scratch plates have a fair number of scratches on them 
  • There’s a very small dink on the back bottom edge of the body near to the jack socket
  • There are a couple of marks on the headstock
  • There are a couple of tiny indentations above the scratchplate on the top of the body 
  • The case has lots of surface scratches on it (no cracks or smashed corners etc) but is very clean inside

The majority of these photographs were taken last year and show strap lock buttons fitted. The original buttons have now been refitted.

It’s a lovely bass in great condition and the HH arrangement gives you some great tone options.

£825 collected from South Yorkshire or £850 posted to mainland UK (UK buyers only thanks). 

Possible trades – Only interested in one of the items listed below thanks:

• MIJ Steve Harris Blue Sparkle Precision
  • Aria Pro II SB-R150
  • Aria Pro II SB-R60
  • Status Chris Wolstenholme Sig (or possibly Series 2 Classic) headed, fretted, 4 strings, black hardware

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6262 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

IMG_6757.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

J Controls.jpg

BF25B952-ABBD-4CF8-B110-DCF2D218AF11.jpeg

IMG_6762a.png

IMG_6763a.png

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

IMG_6766.JPG

IMG_E6260.JPG

Edited by Deedee
Now sold thanks

The mm Sterling is a truly fantastic bass, just so easy to play and sounds ridiculously good....

I’m pretty sure I’ll never part with mine , good luck with the sale buddy 👍🏻

Edited by Wonky2
  • Thanks 1

Dan...stop doing this to me.  This is one I really do wish I had the money for, it has the nicest tone of any MM I've ever played; that position 2 (or is it 4?) is sublime.  I'll have to console myself with my single H paupers bass when Mr Shuker has completed it's neck beautification process! 

Edited by martthebass
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. Im having similar hand problems when i play my Precision bass. Im fine with my J width neck basses. Could it be the weight of your Sterling pinching a nerve in your shoulder? 9.9lbs is a bit heavy for me.

25 minutes ago, sunfish said:

Interesting. Im having similar hand problems when i play my Precision bass. Im fine with my J width neck basses. Could it be the weight of your Sterling pinching a nerve in your shoulder? 9.9lbs is a bit heavy for me.

It’s the same whether sitting or standing unfortunately (strap or not) 🤔

Further photographs added including those of the case, the new and old neck plates (from last year before I returned the broken plate to EB) and of a couple of tiny dings that I'd omitted in the original post. 

Edited by Deedee

• Rich locked this topic