Why become a member? ×

TC cab deals

Soledad

Recently been some v big price drops on the TC RebelStack cabs. I got a 212 from Andertons for 299, they have the 115 now for 279, but the 210 is still full price (499) which is annoying as I would get a 210 if it dropped.
Are these about to be replaced?  The 212 i got had previously been over 500 and I reckon it's a really good cab. I'm keeping an eye out for a price drop on the 210.

Anyone know what's going on?

1 hour ago, bigthumb said:

Theres a used 2x10 on ebay thats not too far from you. 

I saw one Brighton a week ago, £200. I do fancy a new one, never know how a used one has been worked. Really pleased with the 212 btw - good balance of depth but crisp n tight. I think a 212 and 1 210 would make a good pair, then a bigger head... never ends :)

Regarding if TC are replacing the RS line - I’ve been emailing TC support looking for some spares for my RH450 and enquired about any new series or updates to the RS series. As far as the person I emailed was aware, they are not looking to update the series, and they don’t seem to be giving any clues away if they’re going to be replacing it either. Shame, as they are great amps and cabs. The design is over 10 years old now, but still some of the best I’ve ever used. 

On a side note, did anyone else notice that all the TC pedals dropped quite suddenly in price on Thomann in January? They seem to have gone back up now, but TC must’ve been having a big clear out. 

2 hours ago, RichardH said:

the 210 wasn't on offer that time either.

On the deal price I'd almost consider the 115 - totally off brief as there's a reason I want to add the 210 to the 212 - the sound !!! At these prices I do think the 212 and 115 are really good cabs - excellent build, good drivers, HF in the 212 works nicely, not brittle* and with continuous variation of level, a lot are stepped flat, -6dB and off.

* well, OK, it will actually remove the enamel from your teeth if you crank it full-up. Consider that a health warning ;)

• 1 month later...

agree, return. My 212 is fine rock solid etc (so far). A right hassle though - I dumped the box for mine as it's massive so getting one back to dealer would be a pain. Maybe speak to retailer, send pics etc and ask them to do a drop/pick-up - new to you, old back to to them. May require pressure but none of this is your fault. Also consider speaking with TC direct - they should apply pressure to retailer as well. Just my thoughts, it's probably the way I would try to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:07, goingdownslow said:

Has anyone had this happen to their cab...  noticed it about a week ago, it's 2 months old and been in the living room since delivery. It flexes under a bit of pressure. Wondering the best way to go, attempt a repair (no idea what yet) or return.

RS212.thumb.jpg.f8652f6729098f3b5f9a2b8baed8ccee.jpg

On a closer look, what I thought was the corner joint opening up it turns out to be a laminate of ply. Although I still have the box it was delivered in I thought it now not worth the effort to return it and to fix it myself.

I opened the laminate a bit more and injected some pva wood glue into it then clamped it up. I'll see how it is tomorrow.RS212a.jpg.ca3cf36611bef6d1226bf84f08a0e270.jpg

RS212b.thumb.jpg.3cb800b3eb31e2e52d402ee0b0c6d8ae.jpg

RS212c.thumb.jpg.cbc160d2f6997ad72a9f602dd0cea186.jpg

Guest gazzatriumph
On 17/04/2019 at 12:07, goingdownslow said:

Has anyone had this happen to their cab...  noticed it about a week ago, it's 2 months old and been in the living room since delivery. It flexes under a bit of pressure. Wondering the best way to go, attempt a repair (no idea what yet) or return.

RS212.thumb.jpg.f8652f6729098f3b5f9a2b8baed8ccee.jpg

I had one dropped by a courier while going for a check as I was getting a buzzing noise from the cab on the E string. I returned the amp (RH750) and cab and the repair people called me to see if it was damaged before I had sent it which it wasnt,  it was mint I'd only had it a couple of months.  It had crack the same as yours but all the way along. I got a brand new replacement cab and amp (RH750) through Fairdeal music. So I would say it has been dropped.  I've had mine three years now and there are no marks or cracks on it and its gigged around once or twice a month.

Edited by gazzatriumph