Why become a member? ×

UPDATE!!! More Courier Problems! This time it's MyHermes

thebrig

I sold my Sadowsky Bass Preamp DI Box to a fellow BC'er just over a week ago, the transaction between us went smoothly and with great communication.

I packed it in plenty of bubble wrap and put it in a strong cardboard box, I then sealed it with loads of 2" packaging tape and attached the address label that I downloaded from Parcel2Go, the package was then collected from my home on Saturday 2nd March by MyHermes, but has not been scanned since and is now lost in the system.

Neither Parcel2Go or MyHermes can be contacted by telephone, so I sent MyHermes a message via their online messaging service, they replied that because I booked their service through Parcel2Go, I would have to contact them, so I then sent Parcel2Go a message, and they said they would contact MyHermes but it would take at least two working days for them to respond, so I then decided to send Parcel2Go a message on their FaceBook page and at least they are replying to me, but I am now having to deal with them via the FB messaging service which I think is appalling, I've asked them for a telephone number so I can actually speak to someone, although I don't hold out much hope of getting one.

I just don't understand how a parcel can go missing between my home and the depot.

Here is a screenshot taken a few minutes ago (12th March) of the tracking, as you can see, it was collected 2nd March at 10.36am and then disappeared without trace! 😕

P2G.jpg

Edited by thebrig
Update

Good luck.

Same problem here with Parcel2Go (thought previous use had been good). I did eventually get a phone number and it may have been through the FB messages.

My seller had picture proof of correct packaging and more importantly, a picture of the drivers collection sticker on the package. I also mentioned in a message about

asking 'an' ombudsmen what my rights were!

14 minutes ago, mybass said:

Good luck.

Same problem here with Parcel2Go (thought previous use had been good). I did eventually get a phone number and it may have been through the FB messages.

My seller had picture proof of correct packaging and more importantly, a picture of the drivers collection sticker on the package. I also mentioned in a message about

asking 'an' ombudsmen what my rights were!

I don't suppose you still have the contact number by any chance?

I've Googled for it but the only numbers that come up are automated just for tracking purposes, there are no options that will take you through to speak to someone.

• Like 1

When i first started using My Hermes direct rather than through a middle man, they used to have a customer service phone number, but as the trillions of complaints rolled in,  they got rid of that pretty sharpish and now you can only complain on FB.

Looks like P2Go have taken the same route.  I stopped using any couriers that use that cowards idea of CS

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

When i first started using My Hermes direct rather than through a middle man, they used to have a cutomer service phone number, but as the trillions of complaints rolled in,  they got rid of that pretty sharpish and now you can only complain on FB.

Looks like P2Go have taken the same route.  I stopped using any couriers that use that cowards idea of CS

Totally agree, it puts you off selling anything these days unless the buyer is reasonably close enough to collect or meet halfway.

2 hours ago, thebrig said:

I've Googled for it but the only numbers that come up are automated just for tracking purposes, there are no options that will take you through to speak to someone.

Try speaking - nay, getting through to - a human being about Brexit passport restrictions/limitations/renewals. You'll lose the will to live.

I'd like to get ahold of the person who invented 'phone menus and spend five minutes with them in a darkened room. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thebrig said:

I don’t think I have any numbers still but will look around.

Parcel2Go page attached with their address at the bottom. They say they in their explanation here that they are a ‘comparison website’ and we would guess that is why they cannot pursue lost package claims but have to relay back to the courier.

It is probably best to use their site for comparison of prices Andy then see if the actual courier site has a similar price.

https://www.parcel2go.com/content/about.aspx

Edited by mybass

I used to think ups were untouchably fabulous but this year they lost a parcel and faked the proof. Shutl sided with them but buyer insisted it was not her signature. Finally shutl agreed to start a trace and magically the parcel actually turned up at her door 24 hours later. 

Hermes managed to damage and THEN lose a parcel sent via shutl. It took nine weeks of pushing to get shutl to process my claim, they finally claimed they didn’t have a PayPal Id to refund me, but they did seem to be able to use one to bill me with in the meantime. Utterly useless. 

Edited by Geek99

Around Christmas, I received loads of deliveries, only two of these were from Hermes and neither showed up. They were to only company I had trouble with.

The first - a super-king duvet. Scanned on to a van, out for delivery and doesn’t show. Eventually classed as ‘lost’. It’s not like something that size fell down the back of a seat...

Second - an expensive handbag. Scanned in to the local depot, but never scanned out on to a van. Took two weeks for the retailer to give up hope and refund me. Immediately after this, the bag showed as ‘left in safe place’ on the Hermes tracker... not sure what that was all about, nothing ever arrived!

Such a ridiculous company with no idea what they are doing. They set delivery dates on their system, yet never bother to do anything proactively with things don’t get delivered by these dates. You’d think it’d be worthwhile employing an analyst to report on shipments  that aren’t where they should be, then use it to hold people to account.

With some couriers you have the option to leave somewhere on your premises like a shed, greenhouse or even a bin. You need to go on-line and select that with them. Its not an automatic option. I personally never give them that option. If they choose to leave it there and it goes missing then its still their responsibility.

Think that's taking a fair bit of risk if you select anything like that because its an open door for any delivery driver to steal it.

I have found that most items go missing at the central hubs they all use. Sometimes the collection driver picks up and items scanning shows that but the depot scan doesn't work or doesn't get done at all and the item lies there in a warehouse cause their employees can't read an address and sent it. 

I hate courier companies.

BC'ers recomended using P4D and since using them i've had no trouble at all. They do however tend to use Parcelforce.

Dave

IMHO they are all very much of muchness really, and only as good as the weakest link; dishonest and lazy people are everywhere in every walk of life but because there is a clear and tangible result here, a parcel either is or isn't delivered safely, then it becomes obvious when there has been a failure somewhere in the system and all the tracking tech and IT in the world can't help when a piece of kit fails or someone does something wrong.

Last week I sent a package (rural Wales) to rural Ireland 28 hours door to door, via Deeside, East midlands airport, Liege, Dublin airport, Dublin sorting depot and onto a van to Cavan, TNT booked through Parcel2Go, £11; and in recent months I have sent out 2 guitars Yodel booked via Parcel2go, collected on a Friday delivered Saturday morning both for less than £20.

UPS have put their prices up recently as they are operating close to capacity and rather than take on too much and fail they have set themselves achievable targets at a price point that works for them.

I still wouldn't want to be a courier driver again, it was bad enough in the 80s on paper with A-Z and maps and asking directions but there were more people involved and fewer parcels. Total industry failure rate is still less than 1%, but that's no consolation if it's your package that's been lost/stolen or damaged 

36 minutes ago, mybass said:

Here is the Parcel2Go page I mentioned (and just added above!) with an address at the bottom of the page.

https://www.parcel2go.com/content/about.aspx

I'm afraid I cannot find the phone number. 

No probs, at least they are now investigating and have opened a case, albeit, via online helpline 😕

• Like 1

Well after going missing for 18 days since being collected from my house on 2ndMarch, I get an email from P2Go this morning saying that they had located the parcel, and that it is on its way to the buyer of my Sadowsky Preamp.

As I had already refunded the buyer, I contacted P2Go via the online “live help” to ask them to cancel the delivery because I had already refunded the buyer in full.

Anyway, not long afterwards the buyer contacted me to say that he has received and would pay me the money, which he did in due course.

So to sum up, whilst this has all been very inconvenient for the buyer and myself, at least they did manage to find it in the end and everyone is happy.

Although I am losing confidence in courier companies the more I use them.

Btw, the buyer is a fellow BC'er and the communication between us has been great.😋

• Like 2