Why become a member? ×

How Many Straps Have You Got?

Stub Mandrel

How Many (Bass/Guitar etc.) Straps Do You Own?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Well, count em!

• 1-2
    • 2-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-14
    • 15-19
    • 20+

23 hours ago, Teebs said:

I have one for each bass (7) & then some more :/

Maybe about 9, or 11... or something :|

DSC_1908.JPG

IMG_20181107_194730_1541620271938.jpg

I'm guessing that your ties, braces (if worn) and socks are all equally bright and sunny reflections of your cheery personality?

This is why i favour darker hues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinnyman said:

I'm guessing that your ties, braces (if worn) and socks are all equally bright and sunny reflections of your cheery personality?

This is why i favour darker hues.

"I wear black on the outside, 'cause black is how I feel on the inside"? (Unloveable, The Smiths)

Surely not, Mr SM?

Now you're taking the Gollum thing too far! ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Teebs said:

"I wear black on the outside, 'cause black is how I feel on the inside"? (Unloveable, The Smiths)

Surely not, Mr SM?

Now you're taking the Gollum thing too far! ;)

Not at all. I prefer to adapt my mood as the occasion requires. Your strap collection sort of enforces cheerfulness, whether or not you actually feel cheerful.

Remember, the bass players job is to stand next to the drummer and look fed up. Largely because we're stood next to the bloody drummer

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Remember, the bass players job is to stand next to the drummer and look fed up.

I prefer to look 'moody' - creates an air of mystery ;)

I think mystique is an important element in live performance ;)

:laugh1:

• Haha 1

My main strap is a 3" neoprene one for my dicky shoulder that I use for both basses and skinny guitar. I've got a couple of others lying around that I don't really use.

Big, fat, stretchy straps are the way forward.

12 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

My main strap is a 3" neoprene one for my dicky shoulder that I use for both basses and skinny guitar. I've got a couple of others lying around that I don't really use.

Big, fat, stretchy straps are the way forward.

But how can you do a Billy Sheehan neck-bend with a stretchy strap!?

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, fleabag said:

5 currently, but one will be hoofed into the skip soon. Of the keepers, this is my fave ... it's a beastly 4"   and unbelievably comfortable

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/208644801/wide-guitar-strap-bass-guitar-strap?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-4&frs=1

Despite being a veggie, I salvaged some big sheets of leather of about that colour from a pair of sofas.

I've just realised I can use them to make  broad under-straps. Adding one to my genuine Ace peace and dove strap will give me the authentic Neil Young effect (just add a Gold Top LP and paint black...)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fart oo many

6 basses, 9 straps, at least. I've got a nice padded leather one for my Fender Am Std and am slowing buying the same strap with different colour upholstery backing for the others.

I've recently installed the Diablo Twist Lock strap pins so once a strap is on it's staying on

On 21/04/2019 at 07:57, bazzbass said:

Fart oo many

Noice 👌

Just the two straps for me, my favourite is a Comfort Strapp I got from our very own @bassbiscuits. It's so comfortable, can't see myself ever getting rid! It fixes the only minor problem I have with my Jazz - the weight! The other is just a cheapo nylon (probably) strap that I stuck on a titchy little Yamaha Pacifica, as that's already light as a feather.