Why become a member? ×

How Many Straps Have You Got?

Stub Mandrel

How Many (Bass/Guitar etc.) Straps Do You Own?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Well, count em!

• 1-2
    • 2-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-14
    • 15-19
    • 20+

Three. Main one is my trusty old Comfort Strapp, all joints reinforced with cable ties -- has my wireless transmitter semi-permanently fixed to it. Second is the very lovely Maruszczczczyk one that i won in the SW Bass Bash raffle -- that one comes out for rehearsals and smaller gigs. Third is the cheapass black nylon one that lives with my acoustic bass gtr.

At present I have 3. 2 for live work 1 for rehearsal. If I had every strap I'd ever owned on the other hand I'd have hundreds. 

Which has got me thinking. What happened to all those straps? 

Edited by stewblack

14 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

It's so sad... I made a spreadsheet... now angsting about adding the banjo ukelele which hasn't got a strap...

image.png.1fd5551a23b361e5547e7187cddfd2be.png

That’s not sad, it’s brilliant!

i love a good spreadsheet, will make one at the slightest excuse.

My latest is a list of 64 songs, the order they’re to be learnt in, whether I have the music or tab for them, the mp3 file, etc.

but this. This is brilliant. 

I can feel another thread coming on; best use of spreadsheets 😁

Deep joy!

• Haha 1

Two. Both are long Comfort Strapps fitted with Schaller strap locks. The difference is that one has the neck strap lock fitted in reverse for use with my Thunderbird, which has the button on the back of the neck.

When you have the perfect strap, why do you need another? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

At present I have 3. 2 for live work 1 for rehearsal. If I had every strap I'd ever owned on the other hand I'd have hundreds. 

Which has got me thinking. What happened to all those straps? 

On the same planet as the biros and left socks?

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

2 straps

1 strap with straplocks. 7 basses with straplocks.

1 Dimarzio clip lock strap on my Jazzmaster guitar

Makes me wonder if we should have a 'marmite' straplock thread?

I've got one bass that came with the JD system (which I think puts a bit too much leverage on the buttons)

I've got a set of Schaller clips which I used to use but removed the buttons from the guitar they were on. (I wonder if they are on the Maya?)

Set of Stagg Schaller compatible still in the packet.

To be honest, for some reason I don't like the idea of changing the buttons on a guitar...

Loads of straps which I purchased and found either (usually) weren't long enough, have clunky bits or silly patent locking systems on the ends, are uncomfortable or are just not well-made. Really need tidying up and put in a box or something.

So I'm left with one which I use with all my basses - a Seymour Duncan thick cotton effort which is absolutely ideal for me. Straplocks on it, and corresponding buttons on every bass. No Thunderbird neck-dive with this baby. Got it off eBay USA. Must try and find another for backup, think they've stopped making them now.

3 hours ago, Skinnyman said:

i love a good spreadsheet, will make one at the slightest excuse.

My latest is a list of 64 songs, the order they’re to be learnt in, whether I have the music or tab for them, the mp3 file, etc.

You should really get out more, o Skinny One!

Speadsheets are an abomination & the work of the devil and as such should be banned! :angry2:

5 minutes ago, Teebs said:

I think you're safe - I'm far too silly! :crazy:

And more to the point, I'm sure the selection process is rigorous and challenging, designed to weed out the unsuitable and the unstable.

So that's both of us out then.

Anyway, on topic.

I have two Comfort Strapps which are superb, a padded Mono strap, a nice leather one for the Ric and a furry one for one of the guitars. Oh, and a Gibson branded one for the Les Paul.

All my Guitars have Fender strap locks which are excellent.

So i have six straps.

Mrs S just has the one (although she may have misheard the question)

😮

Edited by Skinnyman
  • Haha 1