Why become a member? ×

How Many Straps Have You Got?

Stub Mandrel

How Many (Bass/Guitar etc.) Straps Do You Own?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Well, count em!

• 1-2
    • 2-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-14
    • 15-19
    • 20+

For many years I managed with just one strap and swapped it areound -after all you can only use one at a time. I've just done a count and I now appear to have 10 guitar/bass straps, two mandolin (one's technically a ukelele) straps, one coming in the post and I suspect a few others lurking elsewhere.

I realise I have actually put some effort into matching strap with instrument. I recently got two nice Fender straps courtesy of a BC member, so I downgraded the manky one on my Fender Performer to my Squier Tele and gave the new ones to the Performer and Squier Jag. Despite this I still feel sorely tempted to do some more upgrades.

So fess up. How many instrument straps do you have 😈

Just the two, one for each bass!  First a plain black leather, with straplocks, the other, a leather one I’ve had for around 50 years which I use on the EB3.

Always been a fan of Joe Brown, so the latter is adorned with small horse brasses, which I  copied from JB's on his 335 Gibson back in the day.

The unfortunate bit is that to fix the brasses on, the strap ceased to be adjustable, so in recent years I’ve had to rivet an extension onto it.......

Edited by Baxlin
  • Haha 1

I’m colour matched 😃

Well kind of... I have black straps for the 2 with carbon necks, white for the sonic blue jazz, and relic looking off white for the relic’d bass, more accessorised than colour matched. 😂

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

I have one strap for every guitar or bass that use regularly, each one adjusted for length so that each bass hangs at the correct height (not always the same height depending on how I play it). Most are black, but I have a red one for the Burns Barracuda.

• Like 2

I have 4, all the same brand and type (black vaguely long Levy). 

Main 'gigging' bass (Sadowsky) has had a strap on semi-permanently for years thanks to my high-tech strap lock system of the rubber tip thingies you get from bottles of Grolsch. 

The others are swapped depending on what ones I am using as part of my rehearsal/jamming/recording routine. Basically I make sure that I have a strap for any bass I am using regularly, plus the back up to that main bass. Two bands = the need for four straps. 

I've got about half a dozen. One suede-backed one for the 10-string, to solve the neck dive, another leather one with bits of metal on it, a couple with dragons on them, one black one with red patterns for the Esh Poseidon (the odd shape means that one of the straplocks has to be back to front), and one which is the same pattern as the bassist in the band I'm in a tribute for always wears.

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

There’s always one person who finds a way around voting criteria 😂

Good effort. I wish I could get away with sitting down for the whole gig.

I actually have 3 😁 

1 fat black leather for fretted P

1 less fat but sturdy brown suede for the fretless

1 skinny cream leather for the acoustic 6 string. 

• Like 1