Why become a member? ×

Whatever happened to??

BaggyMan

Having been a rather enthusiastic proponent of the art of G.A.S (something like 200 guitars in 30 something years..) I have sometimes wondered why some models of bass just fade away or worse replaced by something uglier/cheaper/nastier.  

Main transgressor in my book is Yamaha.  The BB series soldiers on but in my eyes at least, the 424x, 1024x, 20214x (and the five stringers) were blooming lovely, designed down to the nicest detail.  The replacements?  meh.  And more strangely the Attitude bass range.  The Billy Sheehan is the only one left but with a huge price tag. I am sure a modern version of the attitude would sell.  

Any models you feel makers have consigned to history should get a second chance??

Not sure if they still make them but the Kramer DMZ 3000 

I remember Neil Murray had one with double P style pick ups that i believe he used in stereo mode or bi-amped in some way. For me that was his best tone. Also saw Trevor Bolder using one with Uriah Heep and it sounded fantastic. Definitely on my wanted list

Image result for kramer dmz 3000 bass IMAGES

18 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Not sure if they still make them but the Kramer DMZ 3000 

I think all the interesting Kramer bass stuff got killed off after the company went bankrupt and Gibson bought the brand some time in the 90s.

I'm not sure if Gibson still own it, but these days the only new Kramer branded instruments I've seen seem to be entry level to mid range super strat type guitars.

Edited by Cato
  • Thanks 1