Why become a member? ×

Bass wireless systems

uk_lefty

7 minutes ago, stewblack said:

@Al Krow looks incredible, but with my lumbago I'd never get my leg up high enough to operate those pedals.

Lol!

For home twiddling and PC patch editing it actually means less bending down and me more easily able to see what I'm doing! 

7 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

In fairness to Line 6, the G70 is the one designed for a pedal board, not the G75, and it’s a helluva lot smaller.

02A8C990-E3B6-4A83-A286-FFEC9ADD1911.png

Sadly the G70 wasn't getting much of a write up earlier in this thread from previous owners' experience, although that might have been just bad luck. 

And believe me I'm not a Line 6 'hater' - far from it!! Their Stomp is a fantastic, class leading piece of kit and their parent company makes my favourite brand of basses (the one in the pic in fact!) 

It's just that on this occasion SH have provided me (and a lot of other BCers) with a really good product which hits the spot and they combine it with fantastic customer service. 

Edited by Al Krow

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, jimmy23cricket said:

My G75 arrived from Andertons yesterday! Lovely bit of kit. 

Got mine from Andertons too. Its so useful. Different outputs and scenes, and a scan allowing you to see what channels are getting clogged so you can switch. Battery consumption is great and I run my receiver off a power bank so one less socket, plug and cable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

My G75 arrives tomorrow.  Question for those who already have one: not quite sure what the standard fixing arrangement is for the transmitter but is it good enough or should be thinking about getting a separate holster?

The only (non leather) one I could find was a little overpriced for me. But I found a pouch on ebay which does the job.

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

The only (non leather) one I could find was a little overpriced for me. But I found a pouch on ebay which does the job.

Thanks Stewie.  Just followed your link and they offer 2 'Asian sizes' - 5" or 6".  Do you remember which size you got?

On 03/01/2020 at 11:17, scrumpymike said:

Thanks Stewie, decided to order both sizes as they're so cheap and I'm sure the other one will come in handy for something.

And it did!  The 5" pouch is the right one for the G75 transmitter and the 6" is a perfect fit for my phone 😊  Unbelievable value for less than a tenner delivered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Due to my Xvives no longer  accepting a charge after  2 years of use, i'm not going to buy another set of any type like that again. Cant change the internal batteries. Bluddy scam, so bought a G75

My G75 is winging its way to me as i type and i've pre-emptied some  purchases,  like a right angle jack adapter so the supplied transmitter guitar jack doesnt stick out like something waiting to get snapped off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Right-Angle-Guitar-Cable-Adaptor-Conventer-1-4-Male-to-Female-Mono-Chrome/202635499674?hash=item2f2e04589a:g:yakAAOSwW0tcmTzt

Also,  another pre-emptive strike was ordering a 5M barrel type power cable, so i can have the receiver on my amp and run the power from my pedal board brick.  Luckily i have one spare 500ma  socket  ( G75 needs 350ma )

Ebay was no good for this cable as they didnt seem to have any longer than 1M

https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/cctv-security/cctv-cables-reels/9408-21mm-x-55mm-dc-connector-lead-male-to-male-power-cable-1m-009408-5055383494088.html

The only stumbling block at the mo is a decent pouch for the transmitter, but my strap is a 4" monster, and its pretty much that width all the way along, so pouches designed for guitar straps are no good.

I may have something at home that i can rig up.  Camera accessories have lots of funny looking pouches that may work,  and i seem to have cupboards full of camera accessories. Might get lucky

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

Due to my Xvives no longer  accepting a charge after  2 years of use, i'm not going to buy another set of any type like that again. Cant change the internal batteries. Bluddy scam, so bought a G75

Had mine for a few weeks/gigs and loving it!  Great piece of kit that's well designed and solidly built.

• Like 1

Funnyily enough, i loved the Xvives for the 2 years i used them. They never missed a beat, never dropped out and i think i only had to re-scan them once in the those 2 years, so it was a bit dissppointing to find they wouldnt charge up.

And i think i paid £114 when the first came out ( Silver Mk 1)  so not much cheaper than the   G75 today, although i believe the G75's have come down in price a lot due to the problems with Germany