Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender MB-5 Uber-lightweight MIJ 5er DROP to £275
£300
SE Essex

Paul S

Tentatively putting this up for sale to see if there is any interest.

White Fender MB-5.  MIJ 1993-4.  A very unusual model, looks very little like a traditional Fender.  The HUGE thing about this is weight - or lack of - at under 7lbs.  Must be one of the lightest whole bodied 5 string basses out there.  Sounds like a Jazz bass.  Controls have the F logo and are volume/pan with centre indent/tone.

I bought this December '17 on here and for a full description and lots of pics link to the thread when I bought it (thanks Colin).  Strung with rounds of some sort and is in exactly the same nick - no more or less dings than as shown - I hardly used it.  I'd like to sell it together with the case, which is very heavy - I imagine it would take the insurance up quite a bit because of the weight - so I would rather collection from South east Essex or meet up somewhere.  £300.  £275.  Not looking for any trades currently.

Edited by Paul S

I’ve had one of these, I really liked it and it was super light and had a versatile sound too. Definitely worth looking at if you are interested in a quality 5 string with a comfortable string spacing. I’ve just bought a Status 5er otherwise I’d be asking for postage rates! GLWTS

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ash said:

I’ve had one of these, I really liked it and it was super light and had a versatile sound too. Definitely worth looking at if you are interested in a quality 5 string with a comfortable string spacing. I’ve just bought a Status 5er otherwise I’d be asking for postage rates! GLWTS

Agreed, I had one about 15 years back, good bass for the money

• Thanks 1

Hard to believe this hasn't sold - a pretty rare, proper mid '90s MIJ Fender.  Unusual styling, exceptionally lightweight 5 string.  Industrial grade flightcase included.

All for the price of a Squier?

Just to clarify, when I say 'collection only' it means 'buyer comes along to collect' not 'I have to wait in all day for a courier to collect'.  I'll also meet halfway or delivery for fuel costs. 

Poor Fender.

They have made some wonderful and striking instruments but the herd want to buy 'traditional' shapes if they have the Fender logo, even if these beauties knock te pants of more expensive 'boutique' ones.

My brother was reminiscing about his Squier Katana (6-string) only yesterday 😞