Why become a member? ×

Xvive U2 - do you use one?

bassfan

Afternoon all,

Does anyone use the xvive u2 on a regular basis? I’m considering one , I just wondered whether any of you guys do and your thoughts. I have a line 6 G50 but I don’t use it as it’s on my pedal board, which rarely comes out. This just looks smaller and more convenient. I can look at all the reviews online and will do, just better to get some good old feedback from those that actually use them! 

Cheers.  

50 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I use Xvives, and love them.  Dont think mine are U2 model, but regardless, they're really convenient. I get 3-3.5 hours from a charge, which is enough for most gigs

Excellent so after every gig would be ok. Worst case if they fail then plug in a cable! 

No latency or quality issues with slap sound or low end? 

No problems with mine,  either latency or quality.  Had them a couple of years now. Yes, always take spare cables, but you'd do that even if you didnt use Xvives.  I only charge mine the night before or the same day, depending

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

No problems with mine,  either latency or quality.  Had them a couple of years now. Yes, always take spare cables, but you'd do that even if you didnt use Xvives.  I only charge mine the night before or the same day, depending

Yeah I’ve always got spare cables even for my spares ! 😂 I’m thinking it might be time to move on the G50 🤔

Our guitarist uses them and has been very pleased. I`ve got the Boss WL20 which is also good but a bit more costly than the U2. Went with the Boss as it sorts out the frequencies itself, rather than having to choose settings - with middle-aged eyesight/dark stages this was a feature I couldn`t turn down.

• Haha 1

Yep, it's a nice touch having the units sort frequency. The one thing that the Xvives have that i really like is that they're angle adjustable. Useful if you have different jack mounts. Also a 20ft range advantage over the Boss, but that's not a big deal

Edited by fleabag

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Yep, it's a nice touch having the units sort frequency. The one thing that the Xvives have that i really like is that they're angle adjustable. Useful if you have different jack mounts

No issues with active basses? I like the look of the adjustable angles and it would match the carbon neck 😂