Why become a member? ×

Newish Bass Player!

Orphius75

Hi all, just joined but used basschat as a guest for months.
Have been playing guitar for years but with a bass in the background. Recently decided to properly switch and joined a new band.
Wished I’d been playing bass all along- it feels so much more natural than guitar!!

I play an Ibanez 5 string and just acquired a Hartke ha3000 Head 4.5 410 cab and 215 cab.

• Like 2

Just a Sound Gear GSR205.

its relatively simple but seems to be one of the better ones- intonation & tuning is stable, string height good without buzz, plenty of different tones in the active eq.

ill probably upgrade to an SR500 or SR505 in the future. (Unless I see one of the LTD F- basses come up!!)

The 215xl would be good but one of the drivers is rattling like hell. Trying to source a new one.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't say anything about Death Metal here:

Orpheus, ancient Greek legendary hero endowed with superhuman musical skills. He became the patron of a religious movement based on sacred writings said to be his own.

Traditionally, Orpheus was the son of a Muse (probably Calliope, the patron of epic poetry) and Oeagrus, a king of Thrace (other versions give Apollo). According to some legends, Apollo gave Orpheus his first lyre. Orpheus’s singing and playing were so beautiful that animals and even trees and rocks moved about him in dance.

• Like 1

Orphius, sometimes you've got to have the bad things in life to really appreciate the good things.... You found those good things eventually and even better for 5 strings 😜🏻

Welcome to BassChat my brother. I hope you enjoy your stay as a member and to catch you around. 

Big Smoke

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LewisForeman said:

How do I know which broker is the best among the ones listed here?
https://musicalbuzz.com/best-acoustic-electric-guitars/

Hi Lewis, 

You've jumped in on the wrong part of the forum to post that on. You'll be better creating a topic on this page here and asking there. 

https://www.basschat.co.uk/forum/82-other-instruments/

Apologies Orphius, still hope you're enjoying the forum 😁👍🏻

• Haha 1