Why become a member? ×

First gig with new band. Del Bromham/Stray

King Tut

I've had a fantastic opportunity and landed the bass slot with Del Bromham's Blues Devils/Stray.

I had my first gig last night at the Legends of Rock Festival at Great Yarmouth where we were playing in the V Arena at 7.15. 

We were joined for a couple of numbers by an old band member - Pete Dyer who also travelled and stayed with us.

I've had such a blast this weekend being looked after by the band and roadies and being regaled with stories from Del and Pete about the band's past - dodgy management, Charlie Kray, The Mafia and the Teamsters, just so much stuff!

The set itself went really well, loads of energy, decent sound and a great reception despite a couple of techie issues, and I finally got to play through an SVT and fridge!

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement and this is only the beginning. By far the best weekend of my musical career so far. Happy Tut!

FB_IMG_1552165034276-01.jpeg

• Like 16

I have a few friends, in different bands playing Gt Yarmouth this weekend, it always seems like a real blast. Congrats on your new position. Funnily enough, I’ve just received an email from Pete Feenstra, advertising gigs at The Boom Boom Club, where the Blues Devils and Stray are scheduled to play.

6 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I have a few friends, in different bands playing Gt Yarmouth this weekend, it always seems like a real blast. Congrats on your new position. Funnily enough, I’ve just received an email from Pete Feenstra, advertising gigs at The Boom Boom Club, where the Blues Devils and Stray are scheduled to play.

Yes, that's right, we do have a gig there!

1 hour ago, steantval said:

Stray were my best pals favourite band when we were 14 years old, I’m pretty sure they are based in the Herts/Beds area.

They were originally from East Acton, but latterly Del moved out to Bletchley and now lives in Olney, not far from MK!

• Like 1