Why become a member? ×

Tal Wilkenfeld is Killing Me

miles'tone

She's an awesome bass player with apparently a lovely voice and I love her playing behind Jeff Beck but I'm sorry to say that whole 5 minutes and 18 seconds did nothing for me whatsoever. It was like trying to watch telly and someone won't stop chatting to you. Know what I mean?

So much was going on but, it was for me, musically annoying. 

Each to their own I guess.

Sorry TW. 

• Like 4

I like the song, it reminds me of Jeff Buckley, but I'm not a fan of her voice.

Maybe she could write the songs and get another singer into the band to sing them (like Pete Townsend does with Roger daltrey).

But she is a great bass player.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LITTLEWING said:

She's an awesome bass player with apparently a lovely voice and I love her playing behind Jeff Beck but I'm sorry to say that whole 5 minutes and 18 seconds did nothing for me whatsoever. It was like trying to watch telly and someone won't stop chatting to you. Know what I mean?

So much was going on but, it was for me, musically annoying. 

Each to their own I guess.

Sorry TW. 

I know exactly what you mean. Too busy and nothing you can actually grab in it. Thing is, I would probably have liked it 40 years ago. But nowadays I like my rocknroll to be a bit more visceral. Maybe the ability to handle complexity diminishes with age.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

It has an oddly dissonant and 'ugly' sound that doesn't sit well with my ear. It's also quite a chaotic sounding piece. Not to my taste. 

They are exactly the reasons why I love it. Although I wouldn't call it ugly of course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

It has an oddly dissonant and 'ugly' sound that doesn't sit well with my ear. It's also quite a chaotic sounding piece. Not to my taste. 

They are exactly the reasons why I love it. Although I wouldn't call it ugly of course.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, miles'tone said:

Exactly the same feeling. Except the bass sound that i don't really like, even if it suits perfectly the song.