Why become a member? ×

ACG Finn headless with Sims leds. Now SOLD thanks.
£1350
Tewkesbury

bobpalt

SOLD, many thanks to the buyer.

This is serial number 0073 and can be seen in better detail on Alans web site where there are much better photos than my poor efforts!

Alan built this for me a while back when I was regularly gigging, and having had a few learning difficulties with the filter pre amps in previous ACG basses he arranged for John to build a custom J-Retro which suited me fine. The pickups are custom wound Bart Classics and the teal  body staining was chosen by me after considering several different options and looks really superb with the gloss finish. The top is flame sycamore with a swamp ash body core and back. The headless neck is 5 piece flame maple with black veneer contrast lines and a heartwood birdseye maple fingerboard. The radius is 16, nut width 40mm  and black hardware and an ABM bridge with standard 18mm spacing is used. Locking strap buttons are included, as is Alans dinky little tool kit and a fitted Hiscox case.

Installed whilst the bass was being constructed are red Sims leds on the edge of the fingerboard, for practical purposes on dark stages rather than front mounted for effect! The preamp is 18v and a low battery warning light is fitted. Now heres the interesting bit. The bass is still as brand new, despite being a few years old! I never gigged with it or took it to practices but every so often I would take it out of its case and admire it as a superb work of art, play a few riffs then put it back in its case under the bed. The last few years I have only gigged in a pub duo using short scale basses so don't ever envisage it being used in anger so thought that now was the time to let it go to someone who would appreciate it. The tone is everything I have ever wanted from a bass, its lovely to play and mint, what more can I say?

P1010684.JPG

P1010683.JPG

P1010691.JPG

P1010690.JPG

P1010686.JPG

P1010689.JPG

P1010690.JPG

P1010687.JPG

P1010685.JPG

Edited by bobpalt
  • Like 7

On 09/03/2019 at 18:20, bobpalt said:

The tone is everything I have ever wanted from a bass, its lovely to play and mint, what more can I say?

How about "Hey Mick, would you like this for free??😍😍

Another ACG masterpiece...GLWTS

• Like 1

Wow, thanks Sam! I'm blushing now.......

A couple more bits of info, she weighs 8lb 13 oz and although the preamp has mids control and a bright pull I can't find a passive mode. There is a Neutrik locking jack socket as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobpalt said:

Any offers? Have I overpriced it? I thought the price seemed reasonable with the leds but I admit to being a bit out of touch with things bassy.

I think it's pretty fairly priced mate, especially given ordering something like this new would be at least £1k over your asking price!

Eude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's a very fair price - somebody will get a lot of bass for that money.

It's a niche instrument...Not everybody has played an ACG, so aren't sure what they get for their buck. Those in the know "know".

Patience...the right buyer will be along.

I had an acg once in Zebrawood and it was great, right up to the moment when I found that it had an assymetric neck shape and I couldn't get away with it at all. Just felt wrong and a bit ungainly. Is this one assymetric Bob?

2 hours ago, tom1946 said:

I had an acg once in Zebrawood and it was great, right up to the moment when I found that it had an assymetric neck shape and I couldn't get away with it at all. Just felt wrong and a bit ungainly. Is this one assymetric Bob?

It does have an asymmetric neck Tom, but it’s never bothered me one bit. In some respects it makes playing it easier which I’m sure is the point!

• Like 2