Left leaderboard
bobpalt

ACG Finn headless with Sims leds. Now SOLD thanks.
£1350
Tewkesbury

Posted (edited)

SOLD, many thanks to the buyer.

This is serial number 0073 and can be seen in better detail on Alans web site where there are much better photos than my poor efforts!

Alan built this for me a while back when I was regularly gigging, and having had a few learning difficulties with the filter pre amps in previous ACG basses he arranged for John to build a custom J-Retro which suited me fine. The pickups are custom wound Bart Classics and the teal  body staining was chosen by me after considering several different options and looks really superb with the gloss finish. The top is flame sycamore with a swamp ash body core and back. The headless neck is 5 piece flame maple with black veneer contrast lines and a heartwood birdseye maple fingerboard. The radius is 16, nut width 40mm  and black hardware and an ABM bridge with standard 18mm spacing is used. Locking strap buttons are included, as is Alans dinky little tool kit and a fitted Hiscox case.

Installed whilst the bass was being constructed are red Sims leds on the edge of the fingerboard, for practical purposes on dark stages rather than front mounted for effect! The preamp is 18v and a low battery warning light is fitted. Now heres the interesting bit. The bass is still as brand new, despite being a few years old! I never gigged with it or took it to practices but every so often I would take it out of its case and admire it as a superb work of art, play a few riffs then put it back in its case under the bed. The last few years I have only gigged in a pub duo using short scale basses so don't ever envisage it being used in anger so thought that now was the time to let it go to someone who would appreciate it. The tone is everything I have ever wanted from a bass, its lovely to play and mint, what more can I say?

P1010684.JPG

P1010683.JPG

P1010691.JPG

P1010690.JPG

P1010686.JPG

P1010689.JPG

P1010690.JPG

P1010687.JPG

P1010685.JPG

Edited by bobpalt
  • Like 7

Truly beautiful!! Bet it sounds superb with the East pre too :)

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2019 at 18:20, bobpalt said:

The tone is everything I have ever wanted from a bass, its lovely to play and mint, what more can I say?

How about "Hey Mick, would you like this for free??😍😍

Another ACG masterpiece...GLWTS

• Like 1

I like that.

Not normally a headless fan, and while I can appreciate ACG’s luthiery and skill, I’m not a huge fan of their shapes.

This is a fitty though.

Bob is one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with. Buy with confidence. GLWTS Bob. I wish I had the cash to buy it myself.

• Like 2

Wow, thanks Sam! I'm blushing now.......

A couple more bits of info, she weighs 8lb 13 oz and although the preamp has mids control and a bright pull I can't find a passive mode. There is a Neutrik locking jack socket as well.

• Like 1

Bob that is superb! My stingray is the same colour and it's gorgeous.

How are you these days? Still fishing?

Tom.

• Like 1

Hi Tom. Yes, still fishing but my great plans of fishing more in retirement seem to have been overtaken by looking after 90 year old mother in law and fishing less type plans! Hope you are well,

Cheers,

Bob

Good thanks, I know what you mean about old ladies, my mum has just turned 98 and still going strong. :D

Luckily my sister looks after her.

Any offers? Have I overpriced it? I thought the price seemed reasonable with the leds but I admit to being a bit out of touch with things bassy.

1 hour ago, bobpalt said:

Any offers? Have I overpriced it? I thought the price seemed reasonable with the leds but I admit to being a bit out of touch with things bassy.

I think it's pretty fairly priced mate, especially given ordering something like this new would be at least £1k over your asking price!

Eude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's a very fair price - somebody will get a lot of bass for that money.

It's a niche instrument...Not everybody has played an ACG, so aren't sure what they get for their buck. Those in the know "know".

Patience...the right buyer will be along.

I had an acg once in Zebrawood and it was great, right up to the moment when I found that it had an assymetric neck shape and I couldn't get away with it at all. Just felt wrong and a bit ungainly. Is this one assymetric Bob?

2 hours ago, tom1946 said:

I had an acg once in Zebrawood and it was great, right up to the moment when I found that it had an assymetric neck shape and I couldn't get away with it at all. Just felt wrong and a bit ungainly. Is this one assymetric Bob?

It does have an asymmetric neck Tom, but it’s never bothered me one bit. In some respects it makes playing it easier which I’m sure is the point!

• Like 2

A truly stunning bass!!! I really would love this..but lack of money rules it out alas..ACG asymmetric necks i've tried are a true joy to play😁 GLWTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1