Why become a member? ×

TKS 115 Cab with tweeter SOLD
£925
Hexham

walshy

NOW £325

AND WITH MUCH BETTER PICS

TKS 115 Cab 

This is the original version (the newer version is slightly smaller). Features an adjustable tweeter - factory fitted as an optional extra. It was made in 2014. Its a 1x15 with tweeter. 450w at 8 ohms.

It measures a little under 30" high x little over 20" wide x 15.5" deep and weighs a very manageable 17kg due to its Neodymium driver. Pretty much unmarked and has always lived in its snug-fitting padded TKS cover. 

New, when available, these cabs cost close on £700 with an adjustable tweeter (+£75) and padded cover (+£50). 

A fantastically powerful and articulate cab that is lightweight and very manageable. Beautifully made, and just oozes class. 

No trades ( unless it’s Barefaced FR800) as I’m sorted for gear! DB751 and Barefaced 6x10 not for sale.

Edited by walshy
Better pics 😂
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bassdude BE said:

Hi bud, I might be interested in the TKS cab, but would like some extra info tho..

Ist it a 15" or 18" speaker?

4Ohm or 8 Ohm?

What's the wattage on this one?

Kind regards,

Donovan

It’s 450 @ 8 ohm. And a 115 with tweeter

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

This is a great cab. Sensitive enough to warrant standalone 8ohm use.

FWIW, I don’t think there’ll be any new TKS cabs off the production line for the foreseeable, so grab them while you can...

Aye it’s bloody good like, wouldn’t move it on but the Stomp has changed things up a bit. Looking at FR800 now to replace this lot.

Top rig. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the TKS houses the same driver as a BF Compact? If so, that would mean that it should be safe to go beyond the 450w? Maybe @alexclaber could enlighten us? Enclosures are a tricky business though that I'd not really given enough thought to until recently. I'm still far too tempted by this rig though!

1 minute ago, itsmedunc said:

Top rig. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the TKS houses the same driver as a BF Compact? If so, that would mean that it should be safe to go beyond the 450w? Maybe @alexclaber could enlighten us? Enclosures are a tricky business though that I'd not really given enough thought to until recently. I'm still far too tempted by this rig though!

It’s pretty damn good and sounds incredible. FRFR is something I’m keen to look at hence the sale of this and the pedals and board. Welcome to try if you like mate

Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated. I'll still be thinking about it in my sleep! I've had a soft spot for Orange head and BF combinations for a number of years. FRFR is still the best way forward for me unfortunately though but that does nothing to quell the want!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated. I'll still be thinking about it in my sleep! I've had a soft spot for Orange head and BF combinations for a number of years. FRFR is still the best way forward for me unfortunately though but that does nothing to quell the want!

Ha ha yeah GAS is terrible! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An awesome cab, and I wish I hadn't needed to sell it, as I would have it back in a heartbeat if finances allowed (particularly as another one has become available locally - what a stack they would make!).

Forget everything you thought you knew about 1x15" cabs, as this one re-writes the textbook. Light, powerful, articulate, and bloody good-looking too!

9 minutes ago, tobiewharton said:

Do you ever travel to Manchester, Paul? 

Cheers, 

Tobie

Hey man, well I’m out with Fu Fighters at the Fake Festivals this year and think we are in Bolton. We are in Stoke next weekend if that helps? Obviously I can send on a courier no bother. Got loads of boxes

• Thanks 1

On 26/04/2019 at 18:59, walshy said:

Hey man, well I’m out with Fu Fighters at the Fake Festivals this year and think we are in Bolton. We are in Stoke next weekend if that helps? Obviously I can send on a courier no bother. Got loads of boxes

Cheers Paul. Might be in touch. Just got another cab, but if it doesn't suit... 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, triplebass said:

Signore, how does Tks handle DB751? Cheers

Very very well. Gigged it a few times with it and it’s bloody good. Especially as it’s so light, sounds clear with some thump too!

• MB1 locked this topic