Timjoris

SOLD:Phil Jones BASS BUDDY FOR SALE
£170
Wimbledon

Hi,

Up for sale this Phil Jones bass buddy, preamp/headphone -MP3 practice amp/DI. It has lived only on my desk for the last couple of years but has a couple of scuffs on the top surface (see pic). But is in overall good/clean condition and fully functional. 

Comes with never used soft case and power cable and adapter.

Collection from Wimbledon or can post at cost.

Thanks!imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a

Specs:

A high quality fully functional Active bass DI/pre amp. 

• Powerful enough to drive any amplifier

• Excellent 5 band EQ (50Hz, 160Hz, 630Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)

• Studio quality compressor.

• Headphone amplifier - powerful enough for any headphones.

• Stereo input and volume control for CD/MP3 players etc.

• Battery and AC powered

• Compact, rugged construction, comes with padded carry case

• Sturdy build quality with stainless steel case and thick aluminium front panel

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a Comes with durable gig bag and power supply

• Has 10w built in amplifier to drive a small 8 ohm cab, ideal for practising

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

Edited by Timjoris

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      Up for sale here is my John East J Retro. This thing sounds great and I'm only selling as I recently took this out of my Overwater and replaced it with a J Tone.
      Please note, my overwater has a separate battery box so the battery terminal is separate from the drop-in preamp (see pics) this means that a small amount of basic wire stripping and soldering is necessary to install the battery - hence the bargain price. The battery cables and ground cable are labelled to make it obvious!
      £125 posted in the UK.
      Any questions do let me know.
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By MrT-Bass
      MXR M81 Preamp pedal - VGC with original box, etc... £100 + £5 shipping in UK
      Bank transfer preferred but Paypal (Friends & Family) could also work.

• By rockman
      Original PJB Suitcase and matching 4B extension cab. No trades...
      This is a fantastic little amp, with a superbly clean sound (seriously, there is no hiding with this thing).
      Only been used for a few small gigs and rehearsals - it's mainly been a bedroom rig and I'm not really using it anymore. The original covers are included.
      I'm sure the full tech-specs can be found online, but briefly:
      200W (300W with 4B external cab) 4+4 5" speakers 2 inputs - active/passive switch and 5 band eq on each) Headphone output DI out effects loop and tuner out master limiter and volume A review here: https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/phil-jones-bass-suitcase-combo-and-4b-speaker-cab
      Pickup from Bristol or I can delivery within a reasonable distance.
      The Suitcase weighs 23kg (49lb) and the 4B is around 18kg (40lb) 

• By loremil
      Selling this Phil Jones Big Head HA-1 Headphone Amplifier. Excellent condition, works perfectly, just selling to fund another purchase.
      Can be used as a super clean headphone amplifier, as a quality boost for media players, as an audio interface for recording, and as an external preamp for mixers and amplifiers.
      Comes with carry case, short aux cable, charging cable, and aux to 1/4inch jack cable.
      Collection in London or shipment, no trades please, thanks for looking.

Specs from Phil Jones: Mobile Amp and Audio Interface

The PJB BigHead is not big at all. In fact it is barely larger than an iPhone. The “Big” is about the sound. It functions first as an awesome bass headphone amplifier with 2 band EQ ( +/- 18db @ 60 Hz and +/- 18dB @ 5KHz) set for optimization of all kinds of bass instruments.

Unlike consumer electronic MP3 players and smartphones that have very small power output of around 20 milliwatt to drive headphones, the BigHead has more than 10 times the power. This contributes to a far more exhilarating listening experience with increased resolution and dynamics. Even if you are just listening to music, the BigHead will be a great improvement to your regular headphones, adding more listening pleasure.

A more important function of the BigHead is being a recording tool both in digital and analog. As an Analog Digital Converter, it has the finest BURR BROWN digital components. The USB out is 48KHz 16Bit digital conversion. In other words, recording your bass into Pro Tools will give you exactly what you wish for and absolutely nothing else.

Maybe you need an analog preamp. The Big Head can do that too. It will provide up to 12dB of gain and better than 96 dB signal to noise ratio. Just use the headphone out jack to feed an amp or mixer. It is also a perfect match with PJB powered monitors, the PB 100 or PB 300.

It has an internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery that is fed by its USB jack, so any computer or appropriate cell phone charger can charge it in less than 3 hours, but it can play for up to 8 hours.