Why become a member? ×

A return to the fold

four/five

I was on here years ago but having left the music scene for a while tried to log on only to find my original “I’d” been nicked.

Much to the wife’s annoyance I kept all the gear “just in case,you never know”. And one phone call and I’m depping for a mates band who’s bass player seems to be in more bands than I’ve had hot dinners.

A bit of blues and soul etc. The gear consists of 70’s Jazz Bass, a GB 5string and a very old and battered Burns Artiste.

Trace 250 SMX combo, which I can’t lift anymore. Trace 12 SMX preamp driving the power section of Mark King Ashdown, which I can just about lift and Hartke 5000 amp. Cabs are Hartke 4*10 Transporter and Mark Bass 2*10.

What I have noticed in trying to catch-up is the amps and cabs getting lighter and able to push out more power.

Perhaps the wife’s right for once, time to get rid of all this. And sneak in some lighter stuff.

• Like 4

I've been round the houses with amps - found my way back top TE after being disappointed by numerous lightweight marques. The only thing I found which was close was the EBS 350/660 and a Glockenklang Soul (which I shouldn't have sold).

My advice??? Get a TE head and some lightweight cabs.

JOOI which GB 5er?

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I've been round the houses with amps - found my way back top TE after being disappointed by numerous lightweight marques. The only thing I found which was close was the EBS 350/660 and a Glockenklang Soul (which I shouldn't have sold).

My advice??? Get a TE head and some lightweight cabs.

JOOI which GB 5er?

The GB is Flame Maple Sunbust with a reddish tinge, Spitfire model. When I bought the Bass from Bernie he had the EBS UK distribution at the time. He lent me a  EBS Neo 2*10 and a Neo 2*12 with the EBS TD 660.

Foolishly I let him have it all back as funds were a bit tight. Big mistake,along with the GB and the EBS, this setup would do anything asked of it and more. Oh the foolish things we let slip through our fingers.

• Like 1