Why become a member? ×

FS - UK Made Custom Telecaster Bass & Hiscox
£750
Bristol/Bath

sk8

Moving this on to raise some funds in the current climate. great lightweight bass with a great thump 

4 string 34 inch scale
20 fret
Idigbo body (light and great tone)
Rock maple neck with tele headstock and wenge fingerboard
Gotoh bridge and hipshot tuners plus d tuner on E
Schaller Strap lock buttons
Schaller split pup in the p position
White body with tort plate and metal control plate

Body is 15 mm bigger than usual to allow the back to be a bit further in reducing neck dive associated with Tele basses.

I'm looking for £750 including a Hiscox case collected from Bath/Bristol or post at buyers expense.  Meet up could be an option.  Would do it for £700 without the case.  

0733571B-2F41-41E3-A1EA-0781AE1B4C11.jpeg

A2E24776-FFC9-476A-BB7E-B39E0CEDFD1D.jpeg

A51A5039-8248-4620-AA13-447539258A03.jpeg

C74B7438-BE5D-44E4-A2F5-F96B48CB4432.jpeg

42F1370E-B842-4D0F-A346-E320961A9B27.jpeg

C634DF2D-C110-4B3B-B8EC-C1729F8BFFB4.jpeg

8C0D6A00-722B-4B37-8D3D-6BF6D895A95F.jpeg

A89B3A8F-FA1C-4DE3-9E1F-8BC461F76690.jpeg

Edited by sk8
New photos
  • Like 4

On 18/03/2019 at 11:12, mike 110 said:

Hey sk8 , when you say 15mm bigger , is that 15mm all around the body or 15 mm added to the back end ? Apologies for being a bit thick here 😊 

To the back end so the body is longer 

• 2 weeks later...

The bass was made by Mike Walsh (Zoot). I think his old official trading name was Iceni Music, and with this being a different model from his standard Zoot basses, he branded it based on that rather than the Zoot name. I think he has subsequently decided to keep to the Zoot branding for all his builds, though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichardH said:

The bass was made by Mike Walsh (Zoot). I think his old official trading name was Iceni Music, and with this being a different model from his standard Zoot basses, he branded it based on that rather than the Zoot name. I think he has subsequently decided to keep to the Zoot branding for all his builds, though.

Having seen the Zoot decals, that's a real shame, because as nice as that Bass looks, in fact because it looks so nice, that is one of the ugliest headstocks I've ever seen! Looks like the sort of stuff you'd see written on a "My First Bass" package from the 60s. I wonder if Mike would pep it up a bit? For instance, paint it matching white and slap a decent font on it.

Edited by Ox Boris

Here's another I made for Andy Reeve last year in Candy Apple Red with cream edge binding and a Hipshot 'D' tuner on the low E string, which was heavily  based on the original that Mike and I designed.  Anyone considering buying Mikes white one will not be disappointed.   

AR101.jpg

AR102.jpg

AR103.jpg

AR104.jpg

Edited by Cosmicrain
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ox Boris said:

Having seen the Zoot decals, that's a real shame, because as nice as that Bass looks, in fact because it looks so nice, that is one of the ugliest headsticks I've ever seen! Looks like the sort of stuff you'd see written on a "My First Bass" package from the 60s. I wonder if Mike would pep it up a bit? For instance, paint it matching white and a decent font on it.

I’d put that in the category of slightly harsh, without being fair

On 04/04/2019 at 09:09, Ox Boris said:

Having seen the Zoot decals, that's a real shame, because as nice as that Bass looks, in fact because it looks so nice, that is one of the ugliest headstocks I've ever seen! Looks like the sort of stuff you'd see written on a "My First Bass" package from the 60s. I wonder if Mike would pep it up a bit? For instance, paint it matching white and slap a decent font on it.

It was a custom for me and subsequently was built to my specs with a headstock of my choosing. 

Mike can do whatever you need I’d you wanted to change it. 

• Like 1