Why become a member? ×

I want one of these !

"Silent bass guitar"???

With the original quadro-piezo pickup under rosewood bridge generating a powerfull and beautiful tone, with new sound quality and higher volume without any preamping.

Plug it directly to your amp to get a rich tone from this new pickup technology.

I see this as an impulse buy you'd soon regret...

The pics are rubbish - can't really work out what's going on. Is the acrylic bit the neck/fretboard & tuner assembly, and the body's a strip of aluminium bent to the vague shape of an ugly guitar?

Looks like an interesting concept that's unattractively & shoddily executed. Speaking as someone who's typically drawn inexorably towards see-through things that light up in the dark, I will make an exception for this.

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/03/2019 at 13:09, Bassassin said:

The pics are rubbish - can't really work out what's going on. Is the acrylic bit the neck/fretboard & tuner assembly, and the body's a strip of aluminium bent to the vague shape of an ugly guitar?

Looks like an interesting concept that's unattractively & shoddily executed. Speaking as someone who's typically drawn inexorably towards see-through things that light up in the dark, I will make an exception for this.

Coming late to the party and reviving this - you could get a better-executed and more attractive one from Aliexpress for £225 (plus £45 duty and VAT if it happens to get done for it): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-Acrylic-4-string-Headless-Electric-Bass-guitarra-Fingerboard-transparent-acrylic-body-with-LED-light/32947033280.html  Oooh shiny

24 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Coming late to the party and reviving this - you could get a better-executed and more attractive one from Aliexpress for £225 (plus £45 duty and VAT if it happens to get done for it): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-Acrylic-4-string-Headless-Electric-Bass-guitarra-Fingerboard-transparent-acrylic-body-with-LED-light/32947033280.html  Oooh shiny

That's much more like it - LEDs everywhere and 2xP. I want one of those! :D

Generally you lose the headstock to make the overall instrument shorter; this one has the length of a headstock plus more added to the body's length.

Well, when I say the body - it's just an outline around the central plank.

Incidentally, on that theme, I tried a Yamaha Silent Guitar the other day and I could hear it quite clearly - what the heck's that about???

• Haha 1