Why become a member? ×

Guitarchat

Guest oZZma
8 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Maybe it's not in the nature of guitarists to be chatty.

Perhaps BanjoBanter™ 

If they discuss atonal bluegrass banjo solos, I'm in.

Imagine if it was your first visit to BanjoBanter™ - you sign in hoping to discuss whatever it is banjoists talk about, excited, nervous & expectant...

... so you arrive & everyone stops & just stares at you. :(

Then from somewhere, the Deliverance theme starts... waaaaaa! :o

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

I once signed on to the forum formerly known as KazooChat.  I left sharpish like when I found it was really a secret meeting place for recreational Shewee TM users.

🤣

(Though I didn't click on that link.
Why?
Didn't need to. Still have them in stock, five years after closing my kayaking firm. Very practical product, but nobody ever bought one - not online and not even from my wife, who to some degree resembled a woman.)

As to GuitarChat, I think it would be a good idea if we all were to post there often, and show a particular interest in the B-string, especially when talking about fingering.

...which brings us nicely back to KazooChat. 

• Haha 3

I've not spent a lot of time on GC because there's more going on here.... Which makes it a self perpetuating thing, I guess, particularly while the majority of members are BCers.

I'll try and get over there more often, if only because I can talk about jazz over there....

• Like 2

Well, i just went and posted some stuff on GC.

A query about the new BF guitar cab, a comment on a topic about flatwound strings, a rant about a Pat Metheny album and a reply to a query about wireless systems.

I'll go back in a few days and see if anyone has read any of them.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Well, i just went and posted some stuff on GC.

A query about the new BF guitar cab, a comment on a topic about flatwound strings, a rant about a Pat Metheny album and a reply to a query about wireless systems.

I'll go back in a few days and see if anyone has read any of them.

I don't know about the cab, but if his bass cabs are anything to go by it should be good.

I haven't heard the Metheny album you hate so much. If you'd care to put up a track listing I'll dig some of it up. It is jazz though, so the rules are a bit, erm, different. ;)

I loved flatwound strings for Jazz, but won't be putting any on my Strat anytime soon.

Oh, and I liked the Sophie LLoyd piece. Well worth a few minutes of anyone's time IMHO. (Warning: rock guitar content.)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

I don't know about the cab, but if his bass cabs are anything to go by it should be good.

I haven't heard the Metheny album you hate so much. If you'd care to put up a track listing I'll dig some of it up. It is jazz though, so the rules are a bit, erm, different. ;)

I loved flatwound strings for Jazz, but won't be putting any on my Strat anytime soon.

Oh, and I liked the Sophie LLoyd piece. Well worth a few minutes of anyone's time IMHO. (Warning: rock guitar content.)

Thanks 😁

I'll find a link to the PM album and post it back on GC

9 hours ago, BassTractor said:

my kayaking firm

Aren't kayaks just massive Shewees that you can also sit in and piddle paddle?

I might be confusing them with canoes.  I know.  I just don't get out enough.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

On 07/03/2019 at 19:59, ped said:

It'll take time. I'm happy for it to grow naturally, rather than push it. When Basschat first started we had about one post a day and I used to check it with my WAP phone. Obviously today things are different but I still think it'll get there - but I do need to pull my finger out and do some promotion/advertising.

If you play guitar, feel free to post on the forum and get some topics going, and invite others to do so. We're very close to finding out what guitar is best for metal.

Platinum series bc rich, reverse headstock and one of those stupid tremolo things.

• Like 1