Why become a member? ×

Laser Scanning - Reverse Engineering

GisserD

I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but i thought more relevant people will see it here... but if its more appropriate somewhere else, mods please move me :)

I have a access to a very accurate laser scanner and reverse engineering software, so im able to digitise pretty much anything from the real world, so it can be precisely replicated. For example, if someone wanted a very specific neck profile copied from another guitar, i could scan the neck, create the CAD, and with a CNC router, you could in theory reproduce it. 

Im happy to offer these services for free to hobbyists as im creating content for my blog.

Hit me up if you have questions.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Hit me up if you have questions.

Can you reverse engineer my RH thumb so that it bends to a more convenient shape like some players' that I've seen please?  I have real problems with double-thumbing technique.

Seriously though:  That's a great offer.  I'll bear it in mind.  Thank you.

• Haha 4

I would LOVE to be able to use this offer. I would LOVE to be able to cnc a bass into shape. If I sent you a neck could you do the bizz and then I could hold it in store for the day I build my next bass. I love the profile on my Korean MTD. Could it be scaled down from 35" scale to 33" scale? So many questions!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owen said:

I would LOVE to be able to use this offer. I would LOVE to be able to cnc a bass into shape. If I sent you a neck could you do the bizz and then I could hold it in store for the day I build my next bass. I love the profile on my Korean MTD. Could it be scaled down from 35" scale to 33" scale? So many questions!

Yes to all the above! As long as you promise to keep me in the loop during the build :)

• Like 2