Why become a member? ×

Now Sold Overwater J Series UK Hand Made 4 String Jazz Bass Dark Salmon/Red iMint Condition
£1000
Dy5 West Midlands

Flea59

Hi All . Please note this is now listed on eBay, taking advantage of their sell for £1 offer so it may be sold at any time 

Final Price Drop to £900

Circa 2004, sale due to the purchase, from Wilco 10 many thanks Jon, on this forum of an Overwater Scott Devine j series of which the 33 inch scale tends to suit my playing style plus my dear wife’s rules of one in one out

I dont have a set of scales to give an accurate weight but it’s a tad lighter than my new Scott Devine j bass

As is normal with these early overwater j series basses there is no serial number located on the bass. I contacted Chris May at Overwater and he has been very very helpful and has provided a detailed letter of providence, specification and history of the bass of which I have a hard certificate copy and also a pdf file. As I am unable to work out how to upload a pdf file to this listing, I will gladly forward you a copy via email if you wish to read it and also a hard copy will be supplied with the bass.

Please note that I purchased bass directly from a professional bass player and Overwater endorsee who purchased it from new. It had-only ever been used for studio sessions, recording with some very famous artists including Brian Adams, Amy Winehouse and American X factor and again to confirm is in mint condition and very well looked after. Again this is confirmed on the letter of providence supplied by Chris May.

Chris May at Overwater has also stated that you are more than welcome to contact him directly if you have any questions relating to the bass

Active Electronics. Mint Condition. No fret ware nice lowish action 

Never gigged. Superb example of a hand built British bass guitar in Cumbria

It has a great passive J Bass sound, with the usual Jazz Bass controls and the powerful active sound is cut and boosted by a concentric pot Bass/Treble control.

Recently serviced, oiled and fitted with Dunlop strings.

Hipshot hardware, Kent Armstrong pickups and John East pre amp

Comes with quality padded gig 

Sorry no offers at this bargain price. New price with the added extras is approx £2800.00 plus I need to recuperate as much as I can to offset purchase of Scott Devine j series 

Prefer Collection only from DY5 West Midlands though I may be able to sort out a suitable box if you wish to arrange a courier 

Bob on 07486880060

Edited by Flea59
note that now for sale on eBay plus price drop
  • Like 2

Thanks buddy, I managed to convince wife that if I purchased the sd from Jon then I would get a quick sale on this one so hopefully it will happen or if not I may be in a spot of bother. Jon was fantastic with sale and even delivered it for me.

Edited by Flea59

An absolute bargain in my view - I had a few Overwaters a few years ago (Progress 3 6 strings and a custom original 5) - all had extended necks and were a little too large for me to play comfortably.  That said, the build quality and fit and finish was superb on all three.  I recently returned to the brand with two Overwater PJs.  Again, utterly stunning basses in every respect with fantastic playability and looks.  One is now with a mate but the one that remains is a go to (and looks so gorgeous it lives in the lounge).  Fabulous instruments and this is a brilliant price for another bass that could easily grace one's living space

Edited by three

2 hours ago, three said:

utterly stunning basses in every respect with fantastic playability and looks

This....my custom is a dream to play, fantastic neck which is so smooth....green isn't everybody's cappuccino.

20180905_152958944_iOS.jpg

20180905_152910857_iOS.jpg